Hermie Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newgreenthumb

Da Bagseedologist!
Reaction score
I have a serious problem. I have three unknown strains that I received from a friend in Cali and 2 of the 3 have started producing seeds. I have tried to identify the male flowers within the buds but find none. My question is will I still be able to use trichome color as a way of judging harvest time because the calyxes have become seed pods but the plants are covered in trichomes.

Hello Newgreenthumb :)

Can you actually see the seeds or can you see swollen calyx?

Maybe you dont have hermies and the plants were pollinated before you got them.

Maybe you dont have seeds but have resin filled calyx.

How old/tall were the plants when you got given them?

:peace:

Can you actually see the seeds or can you see swollen calyx

:yeahthat:
Does the places you think have seeds,,have hairs sticking out ofem?

i have almost the same problem this morning i noticed swollen calyx i believe they are seeds they do have hairs sticking out of them is there anything i can do or am i gonna end up with seedy weed

We really need Pics Bro. How long they been in flower?

Bolt.

You have hijacked someone elses thread.

In the future its best if you start your own.

Can you see how confusing its going to get if anyone jumps into a thread asking questions about their grow and posting pics of their plants when people are here to answer someone elses questions?

By the way, if you see hairs (Pistils) then the pod is not pollinated, they are filling with resin.

:peace:

i apologize i just thought if we both had the same problem i could just add to his post in the future i will start a new thread sorry and thnks

I have actually cut a few off and they are indeed seeds the pistils on the ones with seeds have actually turned brown and died back. bolt786 it is no problem with me if you butt in in my question. And thanks Hippy for the advice.

newgreenthumb said:
I have actually cut a few off and they are indeed seeds the pistils on the ones with seeds have actually turned brown and died back. bolt786 it is no problem with me if you butt in in my question. And thanks Hippy for the advice.

:eek: Yep..thats a Hermie. Had it happen to me before. All of a sudden the hairs will just die and bang,,ya start seeing nanners. Makes me sick. Thank goodness it was 7 weeks into flower when it happened. I stressed her with a light leak I think. I just cut her down and smoked the *****. Hated the little tiny green seedy things though.Was still purddy potent.:hubba:

CowboyBudsky said:
:eek: Yep..thats a Hermie. Had it happen to me before. All of a sudden the hairs will just die and bang,,ya start seeing nanners. Makes me sick. Thank goodness it was 7 weeks into flower when it happened. I stressed her with a light leak I think. I just cut her down and smoked the *****. Hated the little tiny green seedy things though.Was still purddy potent.:hubba:

A real PITA ehh cowboy?. I've seen 'em where it was virtually impossible to get 'em all..
I hate a J that goes off like the 4th of july in the park.. :p

Hick said:
A real PITA ehh cowboy?. I've seen 'em where it was virtually impossible to get 'em all..
I hate a J that goes off like the 4th of july in the park.. :p

:D Yeah,,these were not mature enough to pop,,but man they sure taste like crap. Still I got some purddy decent smoke without buying street crap.:hubba:
My girls are looking real nice this time..NO STRESS,,I sing to them every night before bedtime.:fid:

Latest posts

Back