Hey all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks vancouver, i was thinking about a pretty big box. hey noob,dumb question but, you got a closet?

So what materials would i need to make the box? Just some wood, make a frame, nail the walls up and paint it flat white? Im thinking i could just cut a hole in the top and place the lamp hood inside it. I also dont wanna get too big, my Dad didnt even think i could get this far :hubba:. im sure i could make a frame with the scrap wood we have in the garage, and we have some drywall laying around also. that would just leave me to buy the paint.

I do have a closet, and i was thinking i could get some **** cleared out. The closet is about 6ft long, 2ft deep and about 6 1/2 feet tall, and its an open closet, it has no doors. I wish i could just do this right instead of completely ghettofied, but money is an issue, and also i have no clue what this seed will produce, just a seed i got from a friend from his sack, and this is the only one i got to actually grow, i got a few to sprout, but never went any further, so this is the one seed that did anything out of about 25 seeds.

hey noob check out my journal in the link below 4 mths ago i started off completly not having a clue ,,i managed a harvest a couple of weeks ago :woohoo:
now you have started off with some correct lighting (u need to add more tho ) put this thread in a journal and everyone will try to help you on your way to getting some bud :hubba:
good luck :peace:

you can just use part of your closet, the main thing is , when you flower your plant you have to seal out all light during your 12 hrs of dark, no way to do that where she is now,
sounds like its all gonna work out
good luck

brushybill said:
you can just use part of your closet, the main thing is , when you flower your plant you have to seal out all light during your 12 hrs of dark, no way to do that where she is now,
sounds like its all gonna work out
good luck

The way it is now would be easier to make completely dark than my closet, but i found a diff place that i can flower in, and i may move it there even for the grow, the only problem is it is more out in the open of my house and my dad has his girlfriend over a few times a week and i definately dont want her to see it, even though she never comes in the basement. And let's hope its a SHE and not not a HE.

hey noob, i'd keep scouting out a place to flower, you don't want to take chances with your freedom, if you are worried about your dads girlfriend then you should find another place , or stop growing.
let us know what you do

brushybill said:
hey noob, i'd keep scouting out a place to flower, you don't want to take chances with your freedom, if you are worried about your dads girlfriend then you should find another place , or stop growing.
let us know what you do

I'm, trying to figure out a good place to flower, i have a few good ideas, like in the laundry room, which is always really dark, and im the only one that does laundry so i would beable to control the light, plus we have plenty of room behind the hot water heater. I may still use my room, i can cover up the small windows i have in my room, they were covered until a few weeks ago, i just washed the pillows i had stuck in there.

i would probably opt for the bedroom, you probably have more control over who goes in there, you will just have to figure out how to control light, i think a grow box would be your best option. some plywood and white paint. you can do some pruning and lst to control hieght

Welcome to MP.. :afroweed: :bong1: :yay: :headbang2: :**:

brushybill said:
i would probably opt for the bedroom, you probably have more control over who goes in there, you will just have to figure out how to control light, i think a grow box would be your best option. some plywood and white paint. you can do some pruning and lst to control hieght

Im going to build a grow box, i have plenty of time, hopefully find a job soon, but i believe it has been at most 2 weeks since the plant has been growing, give or take a day. Ill have to deal with what i have now, i would like to add another light but i am going to wait until i get a few more seeds going, because the odds of this plant turning out female is probably slim considering its the only seed i got to this point out of about 20-25 seeds. But thats my fault for moving stuff around in my room and not moving the plants out of the way a spilling soil and crap everywhere :hitchair:

Here are some pics i took today. I went to the hardware store and was going to buy some flat white paint and paint a cardboard box and put it around the walls but......... I found these sheets of flat white paper, thicker than a regular piece of paper, almost like poster board, they were marked at $3.99 a piece, but when i got to the register i had bought 3 of these and a bag of Hyponix soil, no nutrients, and the total for everything was $3.18 :eek: . I paid a left quickly knowing she screwed up, i looked at the receipt and she only charged me 15 cents per sheet of this paper/poster board or whatever it is. The sheets she rang up were 8 inches by 11 1/2 inches, these sheets i actually have are 2ft by 1 1/2 feet. I also just added another light, its only a 13 watt CFL, and its just in a normal lamp, no hood or anything, ill probably buy another bigger CFL tomorrow

100_0096.JPG

100_0097.JPG

100_0098.JPG

looks good , sounds like your on the right track.
if you hav'nt done so, check out vancouvers grow box

nOob grower said:
T. And let's hope its a SHE and not not a HE.

:confused:...Y'er 'pops' girlfriend??..:eek: Yea!! ..let's hope!! :rofl: ;)

:bolt:

Latest posts

Back