hey got told sticking this in here would be helpful :) thanks in advance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homegrownhomer

the only tonic is chronic
Reaction score
hi guys , im currently near the end of my first grow of La woman. im keep half the bud for smoke for me and my gf. and using the other half bud/trim to make canna butter for my mum , she suffers from fibromyalgia. the "prescribed" medication they have given her dosnt always agree with her and when using them it causes her terrible sleep loss and with the symptoms of fibromyalgia being a lot of muscular pain and discomfort im hoping the canna butter will help. as she dosnt smoke food is the best way for her to take it *i think* and shes more than willing for the help! i was wondering if anyone on here has or has grown to help someone they know suffering from fibromyalgia. any help is welcome! , im looking into doing another grow purely to use to make canna butter , could anyone recommend a strain that would be good to target this specific illness?

many thanks in advance!

peace

Home--is it for pain relief and sleep? Or does she need it more for functioning during the day? Or both?

Go check out the medicinal seeds on Nirvana, Attitude, etc. They have some strong, very narcotic sleep-inducing Indicas (I've read but not grown yet the Aurora Indica, and that's why i ordered those particular beans--for pain relief and sleep). BUT, that's not real good if she needs it during the day, too. Then you'd want a strong Sativa, because it's more energizing and not so sleep-inducing.

Find out her needs as to when she deals with the most pain, and whether sleep is hard for her to get with her pain levels. Then you can make a much more informed choice.

Good luck and thanks for being a good son and helping mom stay comfy!

thanks alot IronLungs and mojavemama!
tbh i think pain relief and help sleeping are the main qualities im looking for.
i like the thought that i'd be able to help ease her muscular pain , allowing her to to do more things , just by growing a plant. its just a bit ridiculous that its completely illegal in most countries. I think that legalization could help alot of people , even if its restricted to sufferers of mental or physical health conditions.
Thank you everyone for your support , i find it very reassuring that there are so many people who have benefited from marijuana.

I've been doing some research in the pain relief area, and Treating Yourself Magazine has been alot of help for me, I just started looking through some old mags I have, I have not visited their site yet, but I'm sure there will be some usefull info there when I get to it, I've been busy today with my girlfriends kid here for the weekend...and didn't want to really have her look at the screen and see a big pot leaf or anyhting, she's only 11 and doesn't have a clue about what I do.

Like I said I just started researching, while I'm doing that I will keep an eye out for anything fybroM related, and pass it along to you.

homer,

All I know is that fibromyalgia is one of the qualifying medical conditions for medical MJ here in WA state. If you find any answers, please PM me because my daughter probably ha sit and a dear friend has had it as long as I can remember and she might eat canna butter but I'm sure she wouldn't smoke it.

Thanks man. Isn't it a sad statement about our screwed up world when just doing what any grateful/loving son or friend would do is something that people find commendable?

Good smoking.

Hay & Thanks legalize_freedom & DonJones

i stay in uk , i had no idea that fibromyalgia was actually one of the qualifying medical issues you could get prescribed mj for! , tbh , i should have looked that up , i just know that with our demented backward government , were probably not ever going to get medical marijuana .:(

i think is great that some states in the US & canada have that tho! i really wish more government's would consider it!

im going to go have a surf around and see if i can pick up any copies of this " treating yourself" mag, sounds really interesting!

I think canna butter is the way to go for my mum ,shes never ever smoked and defo dont wana start now! haha. but shes very open minded and okay`d the idea of the canna butter. She knew i started using recreation mj at around 15 , and to my shock she was not closed minded about it. she was fine with me using MJ , (wasnt happy bout me smoking it right enough) her only issue was that it was illegal and as long as i only did it in my own house it was A OK with her haha! she was just happy i wasnt a drunk teenager (like many of my friends)

so,.not sure why i told that wee story ,would just like 2 share it hehe.

thanks everyone for chippin in the help there!! appreciated !!really is:)

Hey there homer, it is great what you are doing for your mom. I bet the butter will work great for her. A vaporizer might also be something to think about for her. Take care.

Marihuanaträumt said:
Hey there homer, it is great what you are doing for your mom. I bet the butter will work great for her. A vaporizer might also be something to think about for her. Take care.

marihuanatraumt, thats so strange that you said that:holysheep: , my girlfriend mentioned today about buying a Vaporizer for my mum at new year!! thank you very much for looking in and giving your suggestion!:D its something i will be looking into for sure! im guessing a lot of you guys on here use them? you can pick them up in a store not far from me a volcano i think its called for around 300 UK pounds:eek:. be worth it tho:rolleyes:!!

i have to say im really impressed with this forum guys and gals , everyone seems really happy to help! *has made me smile today*:)

and purely because i like the logo , heres another holysheep! :holysheep:

Yeah the Volcano has a steep price...there are more affordable ones though online that will do the job...

Homer--if you have the bucks for a Volcano, you can't go wrong. That's the Ferrari of vaporizers, for sure. But, if you go check out the "Vaporizer Hitters Club" (in coffee table) you can read about the DaBuddha and where to go to cross reference the components of some of the top vapes.

Vaporizers are EXCELLENT for delivering medical MJ, and they don't make you choke because there is no smoke. You inhale what looks like clear air, but when you exhale, you'll see a fine white mist. You can really conserve your herb using a vape, too. A little goes a long way. I absolutely LOVE my vape! There are quite a few good vapes and the members share what they like the most. Ham has an economy one he likes, as I recall. Many of us have DaBuddhas. Just steer clear of the soldering iron type that burns the herb.

I've only used a Vaporizer once and wasn't really impressed. The vapor was hot and in some ways harsher than smoking a good blunt. No, it wasn't a Volcano, some other non-labeled brand.

There is a post in the DIY section 62$vaporizer bubbler that looks real promising to me. You use a tube type vaporizer but run the vap hose into ta jar of water with the end under the water level, then run another hose out of the air chamber in the jar to your mouth piece which gives you a water cooled and filtered vapor much like bubbler bong does with smoke.

The poster said he paid $49US for the vaporizer and $13US dollars for some more hose and grommets from Home Depot. You can use any glass (or plastic for that matter) jar jelly, peanut butter, pickle may or what ever depending upon how big of a bubbler you want -- remember the bigger the bubbler the more the vapor will be cooled, filtered and absorbed into the water so don;t use any larger jar than you need ot cool the vapor to the temperature you want it to be -- with a solid lid that you can get the 2 hole for the tubes cut into easily.

Check it out, you may be glad you did.

Good smoking

My mom also has fibromyalgia, and I grow for her as well. A vaporizer is the only way to go when she wants to go shopping or just get out and live. For this I grow sativa strains the exact type is strictly a preferance. I use the indica for making both flour and butter. My mother particuarlly likes the chocolate chip cookies. This enables her to get around and enjoy the things she likes to do since she can always have a cookie in the middle of the store. I have been experimenting with a muscle rub. I take a bottle of wintergreen isopropyl alcohol and put a few small buds in the bottle. I then put it in a dark cool place for a couple of weeks, shaking every other day. So far the relief is significant but it does not last long enough. I have also used marijuana olive oil. But again the relief is short lived.
Just keep in mind when cooking with marijuana it is very easy to "get to much". I have found that 1/2 gram per serving is a good place to start. From there you can customize the dosage to what helps her most. I have tons of recipies and I am always happy to share them with anyone that needs them.

Super Skunk said:
My mom also has fibromyalgia, and I grow for her as well. A vaporizer is the only way to go when she wants to go shopping or just get out and live. For this I grow sativa strains the exact type is strictly a preferance. I use the indica for making both flour and butter. My mother particuarlly likes the chocolate chip cookies. This enables her to get around and enjoy the things she likes to do since she can always have a cookie in the middle of the store. I have been experimenting with a muscle rub. I take a bottle of wintergreen isopropyl alcohol and put a few small buds in the bottle. I then put it in a dark cool place for a couple of weeks, shaking every other day. So far the relief is significant but it does not last long enough. I have also used marijuana olive oil. But again the relief is short lived.
Just keep in mind when cooking with marijuana it is very easy to "get to much". I have found that 1/2 gram per serving is a good place to start. From there you can customize the dosage to what helps her most. I have tons of recipies and I am always happy to share them with anyone that needs them.

hay super skunk thanks for lookin in :) , ill be keep in touch with u since were in the same boat friend. im just getting off out to see placebo but ill jump on 2nite when i return , thanks for the advice , :) great ppl on this forum :):D:)

Latest posts

Back