Hi and Help!? Pics attached

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poop-dog

alright alright alright
Reaction score
Have been lurking for a while and I hit my first problem. The first pic is from 7/13/09. It was outside until last Monday and I decided to transplant and bring in as the weather here is about 106 everyday. I had it under 1 6500k cfl and reflector for 12 hours and it seemed very happy. I then went to 24/7 lighting for about 60 hours and the top two leaves turned dry and almost tiger striped. It seemed to get to hot and get burned but the bulb should not have been that hot. It was about 3 inches away from the bulb.

So I put it back outside and the last two pics are from today. Those "burned" leaves are looking worse and seem to definitely be dying. A lower leaf is starting to turn brown and it overall doesnt seem to be completely happy. I think I have been overwatering. Maybe a half gallon every other day. I have fertilized twice kind of. I very lightly maybe 10 drops of miracle grow bc I am afraid of burning the roots. I have not watered in about 3 days now.

The soil is just normal bagged potting soil. The seeds I have no clue. They where in the last sack I bought. Supposedly "corn" or "pop corn". Its supposed to be a southern strain. Would love to know sativa vs whatever it is so I can do some more reading etc. The water I am using is tap with the product prime to remove unwanted chemicals.

Any help is appreciated.

000_0337.jpg

000_0339.jpg

000_0342.jpg

Looks like overwatering to me. would def. ease back to 1-2 times a week max and no where near that much water.

The soil now is dry on the top. Moist a little under but really wont form a ball when i try and clench it in my fist. Should I give it a day or so more, or just add like a half cup every 12 or 18 hours?

typo meant week not day. LOL
no should wait for the soil to be dry a couple inches down...i really pick the pot up if its sorta heavy don't water, if it feels lighter than normal then i water...you get a feel for it. Do you have adequate drainage holes in the bottom as well?

Wow, week! Really? It is a 10 inch pot, and it has 3 pencil size holes in the bottom. The soil drains very well and quickly. It was growing in a huge 3 foot by 3 foot 100 gal pot before. That's prob how I got away with over watering before I transplanted. Thanks!

The bigger the plant the more water it will consume. You are definitely over watering, I had the same problem you cant miss that wrinkled look.

I'm not an expert, but the same thing happened to me. Seems it was plant stress, from transplanting, and I'm thinking bringing it in from outside and putting it under bulbs. I think you should pick the spot it's going to ultimately be - and let it chill for awhile.

Lift the pot method works really good, try it. Good luck to you. Also, if she finally ends up outside, check her (lift) every day, seems that pots dry out faster outdoors. I got a whole bunch of plants in pots, and it is Hot as Heck here.

Thanks all, doing much better now, transplant, over watering, and bringing indoors from out does mess your baby up a bit. Over watering was def the issue with me. 5 weeks in, 15 inches tall, a few cfl's, and bag seed. I am loving it!

bigger pic, 1st one was to small. my bad

000_0352xxx1.jpg

Latest posts

Back