High Times Magezine..Worth the price?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer Skunk Mag. More informative and not cramming all the hype down the throat. Find useful stuff in it every time. Not as many advertisments unlike high times i noticed. Why pay the utra high price for more ads they are getting paid to run? Only time i get a HT if its a special issue or strain guide or something, but on average I pick up skunk instead.

CC not 1cent of my money will go to Emery period. I have no use for the guy.

I wsa an avid HT subscriber....when I was 20.

Nowadays...it's all about the 'net baby.
Better info and real talk, not hype dictatated by a few folks others seem to think are the "gurus" of MJ.

Public Enemy said:
Don't believe the hype

this site makes the magazines redundent if you ask me.
everything in the mag thats of use can be found here. jmo

I prefer to go to the book store so I can look through all of the different weed magazines and pick the ones that have the best info that month. I prefer weed magazine and skunk magazine over high times most of the time. The book store I go to has high times, skunk, weed, and cannabis culture. I like to buy them to read at work.

kaotik said:
while it's true you can get pretty much everything (and more) their mag gives you online for free instead.. my computer just does't fit well in my bathroom though ;)

i'm just a 'grab a mag once in a while' kinda guy anyway.

You use it for toilet paper to eh? lol

Skunk and Treating Yourself FTW!

The only person who can determine somethings worth is you. If you enjoy the magazine that's all that matter I suppose.

Great posting Stoney, I miss the thank you button or you would have gotten a gold star my man.

I like Treating Yourself. It's a fantastic mag with pics, info, medical info, growing and breeding tips... and lots of stories and grow and smoke reports that are very extensive, i could go on all day. It's like high times, except for grown ups, i mean i'm probably not mature by any means, but at some point looking at glossy pics of just 18 year old girls with bud poking out of the top of a swim suit or stuffed into the side of a bra... well, it just isn't doing it for me. I needed more complex amusment, real info, a genuine read, good smoke reports, and less advertising.

StoneyBud said:
Look at the screen-shot below. This is taken from the High Times web site.

29.99 per/year, divided by 12 = $2.4999 per/issue. ($2.50)

With the 2 year subscription, it's only $2.29 per/issue

With the 3 year subscription, it's only $2.22 per/issue

At the book store I go to, it's $6.50 per/issue. That's $78 per/year if I bought each issue.

Maybe I looked at a different site..or remembered wrong. But for 30 a year that isnt bad thanks!

Hamster Lewis said:
I like thumbing through it myself...was thinking of getting a subscription to it...anyone know if it comes stealth? I wld hate for the mailman to see it since I am growing at my house...

They all have slip covers, sealed, can't be looked at. Actually almost all magazines come covered now, for their protection in our crappy mail system.

don't know if i ever mentioned that i just LOVE your tennis playing hamster dude, i'm a rat keeper myslef. love the furry little bastards.

The mags should be checking here for whats really up. We on this sight are a real representation of the weed smoking and growing population. We really dont need a mag to tell us its trial and error. I love to grow.

A "good cannabis mag" never fails to excite an uninformed noob about the 'latest growing craze that will give you crazy yields' and 'the very best method of growing EVER' - all this coming from some random nutjob working in a cubicle high as balls

seriously the only cannabis mags I will ever pick up are those that are given away for free at local dispensaries - sometimes theres interesting and maybe even useful info in them

Ok, maybe it's just me. I *love* looking at all the advertisments for stuff. Man, I can build 20 grow rooms in my mind while looking through one issue. hahahahahaaha

Latest posts

Back