Hmnn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivebeencanceled

Reaction score
Im new here, and this is probably a dumb question, BUT, does anyone know what efects a black light would have on plants?

Just a question.

A black light will not grow weed! trust me man no matter what your friend told you it will not,(i remeber that myth in highschool like 9th 10th grade seems it still lingers) weed requires the right color spectrum of light and if it dose not recieve it, it will not grow properly or at all you can get a compact flour at wallmart for 10 bucks get the highest wattage one get daylight or cool white when u get a plant going come back and we can guide you from their

Dragon is right CFL's is the way to go for veging look at lummens on bulbs u buy. U will need 2500 lummens for 1 squer foot of grow room. Read as much as u can on this forum and dont be afraid to ask quastions if u dont understand something. GOOD LUCK.

black lights are useless for growing chronic mate... but are cool to have in your room after you light up a huge joint or bowl of that bubonic chronic.

Save the black lights for entertainment cause that's about all they are good for

You need 3000-5000 lumens per square ft, preferably 5000.

Actually I've heard that a supplemented black light will increase the amount of resin the plant produces. Don't expect an enormous increase, but an increase none the less.

You need at least 3000 lumens per square foot...But the more you have, the better the plant is going to grow.

Once you have your light requirement met if you want to give it a try you can add a supplement black light in. Black lights come in different wavelengths. What you pick up at a normal store is a UV-A rated bulb. It's a longer wavelength (320-400 nm) and is harmless to you. You probably want a UV-B rated black light. This is what tanning places use and it can be harmful to your skin/eyes so if you use it, don't stare at it or sit under it for a long time. UV-B is what the sun puts out and it's a shorter wavelength (290-320 nm). The shorter wavelengths have more penetration so I would imagine it would be the best for trying to get a little extra resin out. UV-A is a longer frequency and doesn't penetrate as well. So it probably won't do as good of a job.

But overall, growing with only UV lights (black lights) won't work.

And as BombBudPuffa said, you need at least 3000 lumens per square foot. Any less and your plants will grow crappy. Aim for 5000 if you can.

Latest posts

Back