Homebrewer CO2 recycled for plant growth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yesmar

Reaction score
I've been brewing my own beer for years, a hobby that creates and uses a lot of CO2. I'm a newb at growing; however, and it occurs to me that I could leverage the CO2 from brewing for the new indoor garden.

I can't ferment beer in the grow tent (too hot for the beer), and my CO2 tank is in constant use for my keg system, so that's out too. However, every time I finish a keg, I simply dump the CO2 before cleaning it. I'm thinking that there would be value in dumping the CO2 in the tent.

In terms of volume, an empty homebrew keg is five gallons of about 14 PSI pure CO2.

Any thoughts regarding the wisdom of releasing that quantity of CO2 all at once - during flowering - for every keg I empty?

Thanks.

Don't think you ever want to release high amounts to plants at any one time, they can only stand up to 2,000 ppm and that is with a few plants for a short time releasing from a time set up with some plants. MJ wants 1000 - 1500 ppm at different times during lights on if i remember correctly. As far as home brewing/co2 an mj and how they can come together, I don't know as i don't home brew yet. That's next years hobby i plan to add.

CO2 only works in conjunction with several other factors...high temps and a closed grow chamber are two of those factors I believe. It also needs to be monitored...

Latest posts

Back