Hot Alcohol Hash oil must work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nico

Reaction score
Just a thought.

Never made oil but will after my harvest..

Anyhow
Whist away on holiday last year in a cold climate we were given a 80% alcohol drink which had been heated in the Microwave..

to heat it took 30secs to a minute due to the high alcohol and low boiling point.

Now Like a good cup of tea they added dry herbs to it in a teapot..

My Idea.. how about using the same methods of using and filtering iso or but use it very hot.. Then soak the stuff in it until cool or as long as you like stirring ocaasionally like tea. Then filter.. Surely it would extact more from the leaf/stem mix?

So filter it and evaporate it as before.

Stronger???
anyone tried??

Nico

80 proof alcohol is 40%, iso is 91%, I personally cant see why it wouldnt work, but I personally wouldnt try it, its too flammable.

Heating alcohol is not a smart idea. If you MUST do it then use an elec. burner only not gas. DO NOT PUT A LID ON IT. Steam will just compound an already volatile situation. But...I am truly against heat and flammable material...makings of a poster boy for DARE. IMHO.
I you let it soak in 91% iso it will extract everything all by itself. If any thing the heat will hurt the potency IMHO.
They have entire article on CC with pictures of what "could" happen....you'd change your mind pretty quick after seeing what some "hash oil" extracts gone wrong can do. ISO and Butane are combustable.
And if you think liquor is any safer. Think again. Used to cook with 151. sautee. Flames off a quick splash shoot up 3-4 foot. Could only be done in a well equipped vent hood commercial kitchen.

I just love my bubble bags, havent blown my head off yet, unless your talking about the hash.

I don't see the point of using a weaker alcohol, if you're going to let it evaporate anyways.

Heat won't help with extraction, it'll just reduce the potency (thc degrades with heat). If you want to get all of the goodies out of your bud, then chop it up as fine as you can, and repeat the standard process several times with the same bud.

HippyInEngland said:
80 proof alcohol is 40%, iso is 91%, I personally cant see why it wouldnt work, but I personally wouldnt try it, its too flammable.

Yep ypur right
it was 80% alcohol

And i think in a microwave to hat no problem

Bubby said:
I don't see the point of using a weaker alcohol, if you're going to let it evaporate anyways.

Heat won't help with extraction, it'll just reduce the potency (thc degrades with heat). If you want to get all of the goodies out of your bud, then chop it up as fine as you can, and repeat the standard process several times with the same bud.

Sorry mis wrote..

it is a russian type liqour of 80% not proof

Latest posts

Back