How are my babies doin?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryjanegirl

Reaction score
Using 150watt HPS bulb for my entire grow with 18 hours on 6 hours off

Plants are 3 1/2 weeks old don't know if they are male or female yet. They are just bag seeds

Using Earth Juice grow, bloom, and micronutrients

In a closet with a fan, mylar, and space is about 3 feet by 2 feet

All of the plants are doing well except one that is shown in a picture and I am wondering what is wrong with it, because it looks burned and is kind of thin

I am not sure when to start flowering and would like some advise on that as well.

Any advise???

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Gallery/data/500/thumbs/mary2.jpg
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Gallery/data/500/thumbs/mary3.jpg
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Gallery/data/500/thumbs/mary1.jpg

they look good. are you using any fertz? if so might wanna ease off. look like y agot a bit of burn on the leaf tips, and dont get the light too close. other than that they look sexy

bluealein56 said:
also, and just cause i know everyone else is gonna say this and i just wanna say it first. haha.lol. Check your ph.lol

I know I need to get a ph tester still! I didn't get one, because I am not sure which one do get, because there are so many. Could someone post a link to good ph testers? I know it would help with making sure the plants don't burn.

I told my plants you thought they were sexy. Maybe they will be happier now.

I am just using the Earth Juice grow, bloom, and micronutes. Do you have any advise when to flower?

Thanks so much!!!

ill let ya in on a little secret of mine. I dont have one either. And i havent had a problem yet, never had nute burn and i use more than suggested sometimes.lol. And mine look good. I started flowering when they were about 10 inches tall. They are now around 28 inches tall and only the beginning of week 2 of flowering. They took off , so keep this in mind and think about how much space you have to work with. I use the fox farm nutes. Trust me those things are goin to take off when they go into flowering. oh and maybe try and get some wind on them babies. bring the fan in closer. trust me, you might think its abuse but those stems will thicken right before your eyes with more wind

new hoes 016.JPG

bluealein56 said:
ill let ya in on a little secret of mine. I dont have one either. And i havent had a problem yet, never had nute burn and i use more than suggested sometimes.lol. And mine look good. I started flowering when they were about 10 inches tall. They are now around 28 inches tall and only the beginning of week 2 of flowering. They took off , so keep this in mind and think about how much space you have to work with. I use the fox farm nutes. Trust me those things are goin to take off when they go into flowering. oh and maybe try and get some wind on them babies. bring the fan in closer. trust me, you might think its abuse but those stems will thicken right before your eyes with more wind

Wow your plants look amazing!!! So beautiful and lush. What lights have you been growing with?

They are all about 10 inches tall and I guess I will start flowering tomorrow then! I am also going to bring the fan in closer. I will have to watch them closely to find out the sex. This is my first grow :) :) :)

i used a 400 watt mh for veg and a using a 400 hps to flower. id probably suggest myabe doing a light flush right before flowering. ill keep my fingers crossed for ya. hope ya have some girls

They are looking good cept the 2 that got burnt need some TLC

The one that is next to the one in the middle (on the right) the leaves are folding up a little, if I remember this is a MG def. :confused: someone correct me if I am wrong

Also, idk if the plastic bags on the bottom of your pots is a good thing. I would think that that would provide a good environment for root rot, as it would stay moist and not let much air circulate, roots need oxygen. I would just go to your garden center and get those cheap little plastic trays that are made for the bottom of pots like yours. Again if I am wong someone let me know :D

GREENMOJO for your :baby:

:peace:

EDIT: MP does not like pictures hosted from other sites, it is very easy to upload to this site, read this link ;)
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/how_to_upload_pictures.html

bluealein56 - Your plants are looking nice
;)

yumyumbubblegum said:
They are looking good cept the 2 that got burnt need some TLC

The one that is next to the one in the middle (on the right) the leaves are folding up a little, if I remember this is a MG def. :confused: someone correct me if I am wrong

Also, idk if the plastic bags on the bottom of your pots is a good thing. I would think that that would provide a good environment for root rot, as it would stay moist and not let much air circulate, roots need oxygen. I would just go to your garden center and get those cheap little plastic trays that are made for the bottom of pots like yours. Again if I am wong someone let me know :D

GREENMOJO for your :baby:

:peace:

EDIT: MP does not like pictures hosted from other sites, it is very easy to upload to this site, read this link ;)
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/how_to_upload_pictures.html

bluealein56 - Your plants are looking nice
;)

Thanks :) I took the plastic off the bottom today and put them into flowering!

Is it to late to top and FIM plants?

depends on who you talk to. Most people would probably say no, but mr green does it at day 10 of flowering. and well he seems to know what hes doin most of the time. Might just be a prefrence or judgement call.

bluealein56 said:
depends on who you talk to. Most people would probably say no, but mr green does it at day 10 of flowering. and well he seems to know what hes doin most of the time. Might just be a prefrence or judgement call.

What will happen if I don't top of FIM them? I have never grown so I don't really know! This is my first grow.

i top my plants that are in flower as soon as they show sex ,,,some frown on it ,,,but touchwood its never stressed them yet ,,,if they show sex during veg then i lst them ,,,

you dont have to top or fim them ,,,it just helps maximise there potential if growing in a small space or want to veg a plant for a long period of time without worrying about the height ,,as you will find out they will double or triple insize during the first weeks of flowering ,,,goodluck :peace:

UKgirl420 said:
i top my plants that are in flower as soon as they show sex ,,,some frown on it ,,,but touchwood its never stressed them yet ,,,if they show sex during veg then i lst them ,,,

you dont have to top or fim them ,,,it just helps maximise there potential if growing in a small space or want to veg a plant for a long period of time without worrying about the height ,,as you will find out they will double or triple insize during the first weeks of flowering ,,,goodluck :peace:

Thanks :) Mr.Green topped his plants a week after flowering and I think I might do that. He says it will give them two big buds that way. I though toping and FIMing was only done so there would be more buds.

My plants are doing really well and it is their 3rd day of flowering :) I gave them some micronutrients and they have been looking better. I am so excited!!! It is so fun to watch them grow and they smell so good! I hope I get at least two females. How long will the rest of their life cycle take? I am guessing two more months?

I am going to post more pictures of them when they are bigger and I can tell what sex they are. I will let you guys know how many females I have :) :) :)

P.S Does anyone know if you can make hash from male plants??

P.S Does anyone know if you can make hash from male plants??
I have read that males also generate small amounts of THC- never heard of anyone using them to make hash though. I've never seen any trichs on any males I've had, but being a guy, I don't spend much time looking at the males :hubba:
Keeping a male is tricky as pollen is quite insidious and will stick to your clothing and can be transferred to your grow area (personal experience). Be careful if you're keeping a male.
Good luck to you.

"Hash" is mostly composed of trichomes and small amounts of green vegetation. If there are no trichomes, you cannot make hash.

Nice looking plants Blue! How bad do they smell and what are you using for odor control?

smoke

they smell nice, but lets just say you can still smell them. Im using a 8 inch inline fan 500cfm connected to a diy carbon filter that i made. many air freashners too. I think next time i might buy a carbon filter to see if it is any more effective than mine. they are really not that bad but im going for an extreme stealth grow.

Hi the Plants look good, just remamber TLC does wonders. If you want to feed try feeding on a 2 week basis! Wen to start budding is up to ypu, that is the beuty of indoor, you choose how big you want to grow before you start budding! eg 12/12.
Well I grew a baby to 20cm and made her bud, i got a big yeld for her size.

The best is look at your plant, see what she needs then talk to her and she will make you a proud mom! :) just use your gut its normally right

All the best

Latest posts

Back