How big is the global marijuana industry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toni Montana

Reaction score
How big is the global marijuana industry compared to the beer sector or wine sector?

Any one got some figures on each of the sectors last year?

Thanks

let's see...

California is the largest agriculture state in the union. Not by size but by what we grow in the central valley.

All your:

Tomatoes
Nut trees (almonds to pistacios)
Melon
Herbs
Citrus trees
Lettuce (all kinds)
Mushrooms
Rasberries
Strawberries
Artechokes
Blackberries
Blueberries
Asparagus
Spinach
Broccoli
Califlower

Plus maybe ten or so more that I have not mentioned makes up almost the largest economy in the country, fifth in the world as of a few years ago...

All generate billions every year.

All combined cant even touch our 12billion dollar a year (speculated) cannabis industry.

I believe it may be a few more than that if you factor in all the massive illegal grows that go undetected.

Plus, now that we have more clubs and medical patients....I would make the assumption the revenue generated this year is around 20billion or more.

Largest most profitable industry in our nation other than warfare, cars and electronics that are outsourced anyways.

Okay lets just talk about US then....

What is the entire US marijuana sector worth?
What the entire wine sector worth?
What is the entire beer/lager sector worth?

Thnks

Toni Montana said:
Okay lets just talk about US then....

What is the entire US marijuana sector worth?
What the entire wine sector worth?
What is the entire beer/lager sector worth?

Thnks

Is Google broken on your computer or what?

NorCalHal said:
Is Google broken on your computer or what?

Ermmm... Google cannot break on a client computer..... it can go down on its own server that it runs on.

If you have any more question do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Well according to CNN's recent poll almost 41% agrred that they have smoked before. Considering that most wont acknowledge their use I would tend to believe in over 60%. In my past work as a hvac tech , going to hundreds of homes . Most had pot laying about, several had pounds sittin on kitchen tables. Talk about distractions ~

text your questions to KGB, all three questions would be $1.50

wikipedia is free,

i just dont think a bunch of stoners are the best resource for a fact finding mission

They're searching for their lighters using Google. ;) Hahah. At least that's my problem....

Toni Montana said:
How big is the global marijuana industry compared to the beer sector or wine sector?

Any one got some figures on each of the sectors last year?

Thanks

What's beer?

Toni Montana said:
Ermmm... Google cannot break on a client computer..... it can go down on its own server that it runs on.

If you have any more question do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Why are you here on our forum asking lame questions?

At first, I thought you were just a little goofy, then I realized with your last post to me that you seem to have a bit of intelligence, a bit.

So it is obvious to me that you are a bit lost.
This is a Grow forum, not a MJ fun fact finding forum

We'll talk about it, but you probably won't get the right answers... Ha! Could you imagine MP as a source for a research paper?!?!?

NorCalHal said:
Why are you here on our forum asking lame questions?

At first, I thought you were just a little goofy, then I realized with your last post to me that you seem to have a bit of intelligence, a bit.

So it is obvious to me that you are a bit lost.
This is a Grow forum, not a MJ fun fact finding forum

Hello

Thanks for pointing out your observations..... any way although this is a grow forum (even though you have sections covering news) I thought it also is a forum with marijuana fanatics that know more than just growing mj.

However, thank you for highlighting that everyone here is simply one-dimensional (although I think otherwise).

You ask why I am on this forum.... well I am connected to the cannabis industry and will be very active before the end of the year.

Lastly, I do not know why you think a comparison or the mj trade to the beer sector and wine sector is lame. It is a very hot topic that is being discussed - for example in Cali as you know MJ is the #1 cash crop although this state produces some of the best wine in the world to probably take on French wine sector before 2020. Just goes to show the importance of mj as a commodity that is currently being heavily traded/distributed/brokered criminally.

Peace V

Toni Montana said:
Hello

You ask why I am on this forum.... well I am connected to the cannabis industry and will be very active before the end of the year.

Peace V

hmmm, well connected, very active. i suppose you are organizing a 5k walk/run to support legalization?

If you are not yet 'active' i can bet you are not 'well connected' in the cannabis industry. So i assume by active, you mean you will have some plants growing by the end of the year...?

greenfriend said:
hmmm, well connected, very active. i suppose you are organizing a 5k walk/run to support legalization?

If you are not yet 'active' i can bet you are not 'well connected' in the cannabis industry. So i assume by active, you mean you will have some plants growing by the end of the year...?

No, both are wrong..... any way this is not the place to discuss it in depth.

Toni Montana said:

The questions u raise is all information that a person who is active in the community and is "well-connected" should know. It's OK, you can tell us your "connection" to the industry. Believe me when I say, we have more to lose then u....

Toni Montana said:
Lastly, I do not know why you think a comparison or the mj trade to the beer sector and wine sector is lame. It is a very hot topic that is being discussed - for example in Cali as you know MJ is the #1 cash crop although this state produces some of the best wine in the world to probably take on French wine sector before 2020. Just goes to show the importance of mj as a commodity that is currently being heavily traded/distributed/brokered criminally.

Peace V

Well, that statement is a little ignorant coming from someone who is "active" and "well-connected" bro. Criminally? For someone active, you must have skipped the part about California's MMJ laws....

I am not really tryin' to bash you man...just tryin' to figure out your game...

Let me guess...your going to open a Collective and start growing Medical Herb for sick people....or better yet...going to open a dispensary and help sick people....

Let's get down...don't say your connected and then shy away from stating why bro. There are MANY folks here that are "connected" and have been in the game for a long time.

And ya...you are correct man, the Coffe Table is a good place to discuss off MJ topics and the like...so my bad for slammin' u a bit.

Latest posts

Back