How big is the global marijuana industry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DLtoker said:
Fact: 80% of MP members currently browsing are high. :hubba: :rolleyes:

Fact: this is a low estimate actual # is "higher"

I'd like to hear how someone is classed as a "Marijuana Fanatic".

That's a term I usually only read or hear from the PIGS.

How is it that you use this term and by what criteria to you place people into this class, Toni?

haha Stoney...I was just going to post back that Toni's questioning is just like a pig.

i believe MJ is not only the biggest cash crop in Cali., but the entire US. i may be wrong, but i doubt this.

check...

NorCalHal said:
The questions u raise is all information that a person who is active in the community and is "well-connected" should know. It's OK, you can tell us your "connection" to the industry. Believe me when I say, we have more to lose then u....

Well, that statement is a little ignorant coming from someone who is "active" and "well-connected" bro. Criminally? For someone active, you must have skipped the part about California's MMJ laws....

I am not really tryin' to bash you man...just tryin' to figure out your game...

Let me guess...your going to open a Collective and start growing Medical Herb for sick people....or better yet...going to open a dispensary and help sick people....

Let's get down...don't say your connected and then shy away from stating why bro. There are MANY folks here that are "connected" and have been in the game for a long time.

And ya...you are correct man, the Coffe Table is a good place to discuss off MJ topics and the like...so my bad for slammin' u a bit.

Hello

You and the previous guy either have something wrong in the head, need glasses or cannot read.....

Quoting my sentence:

"You ask why I am on this forum.... well I am connected to the cannabis industry and will be very active before the end of the year."

and now lets extract the bold writing:

"well I am connected to the cannabis industry"

and no let me teach you English.... the sentence means that I am connected to the cannabis industry not well connected

Sorry to bash you here, really am..... I mean people are so hostile on this board.... again sorry to bash you

About the rest of what you wrote... My statement about marijuana in Cali was used to talk about just how much pot is being grown.... about the criminal activities... my point was not specific to Cali.

"Just goes to show the importance of mj as a commodity that is currently being heavily traded/distributed/brokered criminally"

If I am talking about criminality then obviously I am talking about where mj is bought and sold illegally where the countries laws do not allow for mj to be consumed.

Look to be honest with you, I know you appear to give a big shot attitude towards me.... so I concede and lets just say you are the king of pot and you know everything and that gives you the right to bash people

Thanks for bashing me and showing me what people of marijuana passion are all about.

I inspire to be like you

Peace V

StoneyBud said:
I'd like to hear how someone is classed as a "Marijuana Fanatic".

That's a term I usually only read or hear from the PIGS.

How is it that you use this term and by what criteria to you place people into this class, Toni?

Hello

If I like programing and like to go into excess amount of detail then I could be classed as a "computer fanatic"

If I like learning about mj into a bit more depth than your usual Joe then I can be called a "marijuana fanatic"

If a computer guy calls another computer guy a geek then there is no offense taken.

If a person intersted in mj calls another mj guy a fanatic then there should be no problem

I think you are reading into things to much.

Regarding:

"haha Stoney...I was just going to post back that Toni's questioning is just like a pig."

This says alot about your character, but its all good... no problem brother.

Peace V

Toni Montana said:
Hello

If I like programing and like to go into excess amount of detail then I could be classed as a "computer fanatic"

If I like learning about mj into a bit more depth than your usual Joe then I can be called a "marijuana fanatic"

If a computer guy calls another computer guy a geek then there is no offense taken.

If a person intersted in mj calls another mj guy a fanatic then there should be no problem

I think you are reading into things to much.

Regarding:

"haha Stoney...I was just going to post back that Toni's questioning is just like a pig."

This says alot about your character, but its all good... no problem brother.

Peace V

Yo dude, you're wiggin out on us...

later

I agree with Toni. Seems that some people are being a little hostile. If the table was turned, I bet someone would be in time out right now.

BTW - The server sucks tonight.

Lets Start over......

The question you raised in the O.P. was that of information that can be obtained by a simple google search. Someone "connected" in the industry should have enough common sense to do a little homework and find out simple answers themselves.
Common sense will also dictate that the question will not have any "official" answer man. It is still Illegal on the Federal level and, lets be honest, noone can give an accurite answer to this, as noone really knows.

Sure, our "goverment" can give an estimate, but it will not be near accurate, as it is a underground industry for the most part.

For sure, none can give an answer to how big it is Globally with any sense of being correct.

Toni Montana said:
I thought it also is a forum with marijuana fanatics
You defend that term, but it also carries negitive connotations bro.
Simply..a true toker/grower/activist would not use this term to describe like minded folks...thus pushing alot of folks into thinking you could be a Pig, as that is a term LEO uses to describe folks involved in the "industry".
If you do not understand this...maybe we are correct....

Thanks for the Engish lesson bro. Too bad common sense didn't come into play....

Connected...well-connected...tit 4 tat....you knew what I meant. Not to worry....I can take a little heat.

Look..to be honest with you, you seem a bit uptight bro. Tell us your "connection" to the industry.

Hal, as you're aware, the government has NO idea how much MJ is grown in the USA or anywhere else.

I know 20 growers in just my local area. The Government has no idea that these people OR their customers exist.

How much MJ is grown in the USA is like saying "How many atoms of particulate are in that spot over there?"

The answer is impossible to calculate.

Same with the Alcohol stats. I also know about 100 home brewers. Some of them make enough to supply 20 friends with homemade booze. There are thousands and thousands of home brewers who brew millions of gallons of wine and beer each year. The government has no idea who or how many of them exist either.

Comparing MJ, and Booze isn't possible on any level of accuracy.

I don't care where anyone gets their numbers from, they can't be accurate because of the very nature of the topic.

It would all be guesses based on ignorance of fact and the facts aren't available.

Toni, I don't mean to attack you. You responded to aggressive replies, aggressively, and it turned into a pissing contest.

Like Hal says, let's just start over and discuss this without the personal level of antagonism.

What I've shown in this post is that there really are no answers to your questions.

You can re-define the questions into "How much wine or beer is legally made in the USA?" and "How much MJ is legally grown in the USA?", but those stats would be nothing more than a fraction of the actual quantities of those substances that are grown or brewed in the USA.

So, the real answer to your OP is "No one knows"

StoneyBud said:
Hal, as you're aware, the government has NO idea how much MJ is grown in the USA or anywhere else.

I know 20 growers in just my local area. The Government has no idea that these people OR their customers exist.

How much MJ is grown in the USA is like saying "How many atoms of particulate are in that spot over there?"

The answer is impossible to calculate.

So, the real answer to your OP is "No one knows"

sure, but i'm guessing somebody's made a pretty legit estimate.

I can't believe nobody has done a google search on this yet!

http://marijuanabusinessnews.com/How_big_is_the_marijuana_market.aspx

gurubomb said:
sure, but i'm guessing somebody's made a pretty legit estimate.

I can't believe nobody has done a google search on this yet!

http://marijuanabusinessnews.com/How_big_is_the_marijuana_market.aspx

Dude thats like you trying to figure out how many dolars I have in my pocket at this very second ! All you could do is make a guess, theres no accuracy at all, its a guess ! Like Stoney said, the answer is... No one Knows !

Toni Montana said:
Ermmm... Google cannot break on a client computer..... it can go down on its own server that it runs on.

If you have any more question do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks

This is goading.

Toni Montana said:
everyone here is simply one-dimensional

This you have found was daft to type.

Toni Montana said:
I thought it also is a forum with marijuana fanatics that know more than just growing mj.

I cant help but think this sounds like such an un cool terminology.

Toni Montana said:
I mean people are so hostile on this board.... again sorry to bash you

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unvmHPt2dt8

Toni Montana said:
I had changed the url instead of the anchor text... now both are changed..

Thanks

You know a little more than you are letting on Toni :)

:peace:

Latest posts

Back