How do you count the weeks of flower???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the issue I mention is the way we (growers) count the weeks. seed sellers tell us x number of weeks and I never recall seeing when the x number starts. it makes sense either way really, I think it more accurate to go by the time the plant shows flowers. as to scheduling cycle in advance, I go with experience or what I am told by the seed sellers.

I always go by when I change the light cycle, because I can usually tell sex before veg is over. If I'm still vegging but can tell sex, that isn't flowering.

I have had plants show there sex before going in, but it still takes a while for the flowers to start coming. I have a plant in my flowering room now for 2 weeks that had preflowers before going in and it is just now starting to show little signs of flowering. There is no way she is going to be done in 8-9 weeks. I am thinking closer to 11 weeks. But every strain is different.

fulltimes said:
I always go by when I change the light cycle, because I can usually tell sex before veg is over. If I'm still vegging but can tell sex, that isn't flowering.

so do you think your time period jives with the seedbanks estimates? :confused2:

when the seed matches it's plants description, and the trichs go amber within the seed sellers estimates, yes, I think so, otherwise, it's usually longer than they say, by about 2 weeks in general.

Latest posts

Back