how large should pots be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaddyLove

Reaction score
how big should a pot be for a 50/50 strain?
Will a half gallon milk carton work?

DaddyLove said:
how big should a pot be for a 50/50 strain?
Will a half gallon milk carton work?

:confused: Do Ya mean can ya start out in a milk jug? You will need at least a 3gallon pot to finish in. I start in small containers with seedling and move up to 3 gallon pots when In soil. Seems I seen a comparison once, and they didnt get any more buds from a 5 gallon pot then they did the 3 gallon pot.

I kind of want to to a smaller one.
So a milk carton wont work?

DaddyLove said:
I kind of want to to a smaller one.
So a milk carton wont work?

Rather its Half gallon or gallon milk jug,, I dont think will give your roots enough room to grow any decent bud Bro.;) But ya can grow in anything ya want if yur just messen around. I seen guys playing around grow in a Medicine Bottle.

Heres a few pics of a friends plants. He's using 1 gal milk jugs:). The biggest I go is 9 liters or a lil over 2 gal and I get okay results. Last pic is a plant I have in a 2 gal container. Theres a 1 gal jug below it for reference.

91CDxJCII female.jpg

GrendelflwrfullP.jpg

bad 1196.jpg2.jpg

I got you I just wanted 2 see if that was possible. I have a very limited space so i will see lol.

DaddyLove said:
I got you I just wanted 2 see if that was possible. I have a very limited space so i will see lol.

hehe good luck fella but yeah as the others said it will only hinder size and maybe quality, i have found the longer the pots are the better as opposed to how wide but im not 100% im still experimenting myself :p

Latest posts

Back