How Long do sealed nutes stay useful?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerseydude

Reaction score
Hi All :D

Been out of the picture for about 1 1/2 years and am looking to start growing again. I have what I need but I have some unopened Fox Farms nutes that have been sitting in my closet for a about a year.
Are they still good? Should I take a chance and use them? Any experience with this? Any input would be appreciated.

If they have'nt been through extreme temps or been exposed to alot of light through that time, I'd say you're okay.
There should be some info on the label.
:)
Gb

I asked at the store about that because when my best friend died his wife gave 5 gallon jugs of sensi grow A & B, and Sensi bloom A & B, (20 gallons total) they had been opened but only used for one small grow, so they were pretty much full. I've had them sitting around for a few yrs, but was afraid to try them. These were opened, mind you. I was told since they were chemical ferts they would not expire. I use Foxfarm also and was told that the full organic "bigbloom" had a 1 yr shelf life, and the rest of the ff products were good indefinately. This was coming from the guy who runs the hydro store, so he had the perfect opportunity to tell me they were junk and buy new, so I tend to believe him. Has anyone used the Sensi grow and bloom? I have not tried it my buddy that passed used it once and I thought that the buds tasted chemically, but then he was the most impatient guy I have known, and I don't think he let his crops finish, or flush, or cure right so I hate to blame the product. RIP Dave I miss ya buddy!

sensi a and b is cool! its from advanced nutrients! when im done with my pura vida bottle which is soon im switching over! i got a few other products from them too though also, i read about there product line and im pretty impressed! im gonna give them a shot, there pretty pricey though! about $500 for a FULL nute and additive run! i would call adcanced themself and ask about the shelf life, i had to call about there voodoo juice and they told me in like 2 mins! good luck

FF's Big Bloom is, to quote FF: is a live culture of vitamins, amino acids, natural growth hormones, enzymes, and beneficial organic microbes It's really more of a tea and is living.

The other stuff should be fine unless it's started to crystalize in the bottom of the bottle. Shake it and you can hear granules scooting around in there.

i would say feed one plant or a clone and see wat happens!!! i would def just call the 1800 number and ask for your self, see wat the shelf life is!

IronLungs said:
Just spoke to Fox Farms because I had the same question.

They advised 4+ years on the Big Bloom and 2 years on the Tiger bloom and the Grow Big. They also said that as long as they don't smell "fermented", their probably fine.

Cheers ~

FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company

Toll Free: (800) 4FOXFARM
(800) 436-9327

Dude. That's excellent! I really appreciate you taking the time to share this info. I didn't want to spring for new nutes unless I had to.

this a great thread...my experince has been to only use nutes if they've stayed sealed up and in a place where they can't get exposed to too much light or hear...organics are horrendous (IMHO) in terms of staying fresh, but that's why i only buy what i need and nothing more...of course that can suck if your hydro store gets a shipment late and you need your nutes NOW...

:holysheep: ---this is awesome

how bout if tehy get frozen? LOL
i got a bottle of some maxicrop seaweed and some dyna gro bonzai im gonna try out on my bonzai moms(liquid both) and were half frozen slushy when i got them. of course teh temps outside here are below zero but you'd think the vendor i order from woulda put somethin on the box, NO?

If they have live organisms in them zip they are probably dead now I would think. If they are chemical you should be alright...but yeah I'd be p.o.'d!

Latest posts

Back