How long does flowering take?I am a rookie.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreasman

Reaction score
:hubba: My plant started showing pistols on June 6. I changed her to a 12/12 cycle.When is it time to crop?Thanx

Hey Andreasman,

The flowering stage is greatly variated by strain. Indicas usually take around 8 weeks or so. Sativa take longer, so prolly around 10-14 weeks. Harvesting your crop at the right time is VERY important. It also depends on what kind of high you like. If you want a really strong couch lock high, you'll harvest when most of the Trichs are Amber. If you want a really hyper high, and less body, then you'll want to harvest when they're prolly 50 percent amber and 50 percent cloudy. Viewing the trichs is usually done with a hand held microscope. It needs to be at least 30 x power. There is a hand held 60x - 100x hand held microscope at radio shack for 10 dollars. I'll post a link to another thread attachment that will better help your understanding of Trichs.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27184&d=1181633456

I hope that helps you, if you have any more questions don't hestitate to ask.

~Burn one~
Dewayne

no problem man. And you look for the trichs on the buds. GOod luck!!!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

sativas can take anywhere from 9 to13 weeksor more...and indicas take from 7 to 11weeks. hybrids can fall anywhere in between.

if i were you i would watch the calyxes along with the trichs to get the best idea of when to harvest...

Latest posts

Back