How long to flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchesmore722

Reaction score
Does the 8 week flowering time include the time it takes for the plants to show sex???
Basically are they generally done 8 weeks from when you switch to 12/12 or 8 weeks from when the plants show????

Yep,,ya never know. I just chopped a plant(Very good high) was 50% cloudy and 50% amber,,Was put into Flower on 1-1-09 ,new years eve Actully. Thats only,,what,,,4.5 weeks or something.She is in the Drybox right now. Quick dried a few buds, and as I said. Yee Ha,,nothen like smoken yer own stuff.Now the other Girl(same strain,diff pheno) she is still looking like shes gonna be a while.:hubba: Its all about the Trichs.http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=409012&postcount=13

You had a strain that finished in 4.5 weeks and didn't keep the pheno alive? Wish I came across something like that.

Tater said:
You had a strain that finished in 4.5 weeks and didn't keep the pheno alive? Wish I came across something like that.

Nope,,cause her sister is right behind her and much healthier looking. Dont have room for alot of Diff. Phenos. I do have a clone of the Big Balled Male though, that I will be using for seed later. He was about 28" when I cloned and killed him.:hubba:

Thats a 30 day flowering time though, if what you are saying is true you may have had in your possession the fastest finishing, drug grade, cannabis plant on the planet.

Tater said:
Thats a 30 day flowering time though, if what you are saying is true you may have had in your possession the fastest finishing, drug grade, cannabis plant on the planet.

Bro,,My grow journal was on this forum from day one,,from seeds. I took it off a few weeks back,,but many on here have seen the grow. I am not lying about the Flower time. I put both plants(and a male i killed) into Flower on New Years Eve. Both of those girls poped there head outta of the soil on November 11th.I have kept a written journal also) You do the math,,Im to high. All I can say is that Skinny little ***** I chopped and put pics up of,, would have been 3 months on the 11th, which is my 53rd Birthday. The other Bushy Girl's stalk is 27" long.(I have her tied down, so she looks even smaller) She has 10% clear,75% cloudy and 20% amber right now. Lots of Red Hairs showing. I give her another week or two. And none have been Hermies. Not one ball on these females. And by the way,,when I put the three plants into flower,the male showed in 4 or 5 days(huge balls) the Bushy girl showed sex couple days later,and the skinny one, believe it or not,was the last to show.

Don't think tater is doubting you cowboy. Just jealose (sp?) you had such a fast finishing strain. As am I. Would love to have a strain done so quickly.

Medman said:
Don't think tater is doubting you cowboy. Just jealose (sp?) you had such a fast finishing strain. As am I. Would love to have a strain done so quickly.

I know,,,Its just that this is my 1st indoor grow,so to be honest I never thought about how fast it flowered. Hell I was suprised they even lived through all the **** they have been thru. They started out as a joke,,I was just playen around outside in some of my wifes flower pots,,that had flowers in them.:rolleyes: From there they were in a old Fridge for awhile,,almost got killed by my wife whilst I was outta town working. Came home,,built a Growroom and thats were they have been ever since. Its no wonder there growth might be stunted,,poor things damn near died a couple times. But,,they pulled through,,and turned out to do real good. They almost remind me of a Dwarf. Anyway,,we will see,cause I have 4 clones of the Bushy one and one of those clones was taken a few weeks ago. She is almost at 9.5" today. I will put her in Flower at 12",,just like I did the others. Then we will see what the clone does with no Stress.

Cool man, and yeah I wasn't calling you a liar or nothing, just never heard of anything finishing that fast is all. Is that from the day you flipped the lights to 12/12 or from when they showed sex?

Tater said:
Cool man, and yeah I wasn't calling you a liar or nothing, just never heard of anything finishing that fast is all. Is that from the day you flipped the lights to 12/12 or from when they showed sex?

The seeds popped on 11-11-08. I put them into flower on 1-1-09. The Male showed sex within a few days,but I let him live untill they all sexed. Then I cloned and killed him. They all had shown sex within the 1st week I believe( Ill check my journal) Anyway,,they Flowered very very quickly. They had Starburst all over them the end of the 2nd week in Flower.;) Ill tell ya,,I wonder if its been crossed with a Lowryder or Dwarf of some kind. Who knows,,the clone in the DWC will tell me alot more about this strain. This clone will not see the stress those others seen,,I promise. This is no longer a joke to me. To much time and money and TLC. Plus I love it.:D Hey,,I have several clones,,If this turns out to be something cool,,well,,we will see. Probably nothen more then stressed plants and pure luck so far.:ignore:

jchesmore722 said:
Does the 8 week flowering time include the time it takes for the plants to show sex???
Basically are they generally done 8 weeks from when you switch to 12/12 or 8 weeks from when the plants show????

Do you know what type of strain your plant is? if so have a look on the planet skunk website and under seeds you can look up how long in general to bud your plants for. as quoted some can take up to ten weeks where as some can take only 6 weeks.
Also this site tells you generally how much yield should give but as your environment can change so can your plants characteristics. I have proven that by doubling the expected yield of both white russian and black domina.

Latest posts

Back