How much bud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hee hee..not a problem dank..."they" are called pollen presses in some circles, I've heard it.

Where I am it's all the same just different names and extraction methods. It all refers to the trich head here.

Hick said:
To clarify a couple of points here...."Pollen" has very little if any thc value.
Pollen is not keif, as referred to by kief boxes, screens or hash. Pollen does not make hash. Pollen is best described as 'plant sperm', produced only by male plants and hermies.
Kiefe is the finest particles, includeing, but not exclusively, trichome heads, stems and minute vegetative material..from female plants. Sorted or sifted through a screen of some type(silk screen or wire cloth is most common) with small enough mesh or T.P.I. to eliminate "most" of the vegetative materials.
Applying heat and pressure, that can then be congealed into the product commonly called hash.

I do understand what you are talking about. I just think it's funny how the same thing, trich heads, can and is called so many different things. :ccc:

i agree man, it kinda pisses me off. cuz i get all confused and make myself look like an idiot lol :D

hey dank..I"I" knew what you were talking about. I 'emphasized' the "pollen" statement above, thinking it would catch your attention and you could elaborate/correct it. When you didn't, I thought it should be clarified before an unknowing newbie tried to press and smoke some pollen. Not that it would hurt anyone, but it would likely be...disapointing..;)
Wasn't trying to make you look like an idiot.

So can any leaves off the plant be used for making hash? Or do certain ones contain higher levels of trichomes?

"any leaves" can be used for "iso oil" extraction, but only leaves that have trichomes are suited for keef screening, bubblebags, or the 'gumby' method of makeing "hash"

Which is the fastest method for production cause I "hate to wait"
Is that iso alcohol pretty cheap, Hick any ideas on cost. Is this alcohol the same as rubbing alcohol?

Hey Noods i tried the alcohol method and didn't like it. What I like to do for a quick fix is gat a mayonaise size jar.....Emphasis on size. I would not use a mayonaise jar but...dam WW.....heads buzzin. Ok what i like to do is freeze fresh leaves,popcornbuds, and anything that has trichs on them for a day or 2. Then put them in the jar with ice and ice cold water. I like to do 1/3 plant 1/3-1/2 ice and fill with the water. Now shake the crap outta this for like 10-15 min. Place the jar in the freezer to help the trichs settle out for 15 min. Take out all the veg matter and ice then pour through a coffee filter. Yeah I know but. In the filter will be the trichs,hash,kief whatever you want to call it. Heck call it bncjioyuo for I care. Anyway this is your final product...yum. You may get some plant matter but you can get that out. It bubbles pretty good.

I have done the 7 bag method and ... "for me"...I get better results with this but it just takes so efin long to do a large batch. Now your milage may vary but the results should be the same. I don't like to do it with less than like 2 lbs of leaves and popcorn.

If you want me to I'll do a small batch and document it with picks in the hash section. I'd be more than happy to. And if you really want I'll show you how it burns/bubbles. ;)

Yeah I would like to see some burning. Ill have about 10 plants to work with. Do you think that would make enough to last a few days.

10 plant is a good amount but with this method it will take forever. I would use the bubblebags for that amount or as hich said, but i never tried it, gumby. Now that is something that I want to try.

I'll do like 2 or 3 small batches with the jar method tonight and post it.

How much outta 10? I personally get an 3-4 grams outta 1/3-1/2 lb leaves and such. Now I do the widow and I get through the roof trichs on it. If my memory serves me right I read that out of good mids that you can get around 7 grams out of a pound but don't quote me on this just use it as a guide line.

Put frozen bud in jars. Cover with ice. Add water and if more room add more buds. Shake for 10-15 min ad water should be cloudy. Let sit for about 15 min and seperate the ice and veg matter from the water. Pour through filter, open and scrape/peel off trichs. This got me 1/4 gram off like 10-14 grams frozen bud. Was the size of a pea. No it isn't the cleanest this time, I rushed it tonight, but it is trichs none the less.

100_1087.JPG

100_1088.JPG

100_1089.JPG

100_1090.JPG

100_1091.JPG

100_1094.JPG

100_1097.JPG

100_1098.JPG

100_1099.JPG

100_1101.JPG

100_1103.JPG

Ok, I'm a moron. I read through this entire thread, got all the fine points of the discussion, soaked all my collected stems, figured I'd maybe get one good hit off what I've saved. Soaked it in a jar of whatever brand of rubbing alcohol I had in the cabinet, soaked it in the jar, had a good green color going to it. Got my plate ready, had a fan set up to help dry it up...

Yeah. And I totally poured it all down the drain before realizing what exactly I was doing. I'm really, seriously not happy right now. :|

:mad:

Yeah. Oh man. I'm out, I blew my only chance for a hit until at least the next week and all because I got side-tracked and screwed my project up. Not fun.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get some clippings off a buddy I know who grows. I've never tried hash, and I like the "insight" high better than anything, so hopefully I'll get to give this a go. Great advice and input from everyone. I'll weigh it all and see how I come out. Great thread.

Hick said:
Applying heat and pressure, that can then be congealed into the product commonly called hash.

So how exactly do you apply the heat and pressure to prepare the kief? I tried just smokin it but it ain't very very nice? Cheers

hey schlendrake , those pics show the filter with it all on so what happens with that?? , i seen the plate scrapping part but what do you do with the filters....

OH and someone in the uk tell me where to get this iso alcohol stuff from!!
never even heard of "rubbin alcohol" ever till now , im guessing that's "iso"

You can either rince them with isoprol(rubbing) alcohol and then evaporate the isprol, or scrape it but you will leave some behind. This water method doesn't produce alot because it's too time consuming imo but worth a good couple hits to get off on if you don't mind some plant matter in the hash.

Latest posts

Back