how much growth can i expect?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intellenoob

Reaction score
ive got a hybrid (thc bomb, not a really popular strain) that i suspect to be sativa dominant. it's showing heat stress problems even though it's only 75 f w/ lights on. it's been topped 2x, and started flowering 6 days ago. neway, im gonna be gone till friday afternoon. how much upward growth can i expect? it really hasn't been growin much heightwise-- my indica's catching up w/ it.

i think over the next week or so you'll get some growth upwards as it starts to form flowers... any pics go'n on? what kinda light you using?
dirt or hydro?
how far is the light?
shouldn't get heat stress 75 degrees.... how's the ventilation?
air circulation?
how big is it now?

its a tiny room, triangular closet about 7 ft h x 5 ft l x 3 1/2 ft w w/ one duct fan pumping air out @ the top an one 16 in rotating fan facing away from plants. ive only got a 150 w hps, but only 2 plants in soil. it could be ph, that's what donofchronic said, cus i didnt check and i shoulda cus i used ff tiger bloom, and it says its low in ph. but i used it on my indica too and its doing fine, a little tiger striping from nute burn but w/out the black spots and yellowing like the 3 or so levels below the canopy on the thcb. i guess its possible the thcb is more sensitive to ph, but from the few reports ive read on it it's sensitive to heat (it's a sucker strain and i regret buying it soooo much but w/e). it is flowering nicely so far, even w/ the problems. the light's about 2 1/2 feet from the top of it, and the plant's about 3 1/4 feet high. i just wanna know how much higher i should put my lights, cus i really don't want it to stretch.

sounds like you should get the light closer, maybe a foot closer. and i'd put the fan on them instead of away, imo. but it's hard to say without seeing any pics..
just speculation..

I'd be way more worried about water if I was bailing for 6 days, tahn lighting. BTJM

intellenoob said:
would it grow as much upward if it's been topped a couple times?

Supposedly topping, super-cropping, lollipopping all stunt growth. I tortured some clones silly trying to slow them down, because I believed what my bean company said about ww's length of flowering. They said 8 weeks; Hippy said 10--Hippy was right. Mine never seemed to stop growing or act stunted very much. You may have a different experience.

How do you plan on keeping them watered while you're gone?

a triangular room? is it narrower at the top? the base area is a 3' x 5' rectangle with a height of 7'?

you might need more light. i have 400w hps in a smaller space with a sealed and vented hood.

i had them in a 1/3 mix perlite, vermiculite, mg potting soil (i know, i know) for veg, and transplanted to bigger pots w/ straight peat moss. my goal was water retention, since i work wed-fri and cant get to em. i flower overnight, so im only gonna miss tonight and tomorrow night.

yeah it's narrow @ the top. but ive only got 2 plants, going

I do not grow in soil, but I do not believe that straight peat moss is a good medium. Water retention should not be your goal--they need water and DO. If your roots do not get O, they will not survive.

Regardless of any other problems you may be having, your light is too far away and there is not nearly enough of it. A 150W HPS is only good for 2-3 sq ft and you have 15. You should also be a lot closer to the top of your canopy. At 2-1/2' your plants is hardly getting any significant lumens. When using lower wattage HID lights, it is better to try and keep your plants shorter using LST, Scrog or something like that.

:yeahthat:

just make sure everythings how its supposed to be.
1. you have your minimum 3000- 5000 lumens per square foot.
2. make sure your pH is what it should be
3. use a soil that isnt pre-nuted, so you can control
when to feed your own plants.
4. temperatures should be monitored too to prevent other problems

Latest posts

Back