how much wind is too much in flowering room?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juice meat

Reaction score
how much wind is too much wind in the flowering room?
i have 8 plants flowering under a 1000W hps, about 12 days in to flowering. four KC Brains x Mango, two afghans, a Sage X Mango, and a KC Brains X sweet jesus b. I can keep the closet between 81-86 degrees at the cola level with just a box fan running and my can fan pushing cool air through the HID reflector and through the ducting that takes it out of the closet. I can keep the temp on plants between 75 - 78 degrees with another oscilating fan trained on the plants, but adds a considerable amount of wind. which situation would be better?

The best thing to do is cause air flow... as in simply moving the air. The way i do it is i put a fan on the ground facing up an angle towards the ceiling. What im hoping for is the air thats bouncing off the ceiling will move the plants and give them indirect wind. Direct wind would be ok if it was light, but more than that can cause stem stress. If u cannot keep ur temps down w/o direct wind, stake em up and supercrop a lil! That'll get them stems beastly!

Hey meat...I would say the lower temps/more wind is a better option, as long as its not blowing them over and drying them out... and what ethan said about airflow is true....however, i wouldn't super crop during flower. Good luck.

Smoke on...

the lower temperature would be more in the optimum range to grow buds and since your flowering, the plants are going to want to soak up as much fresh CO2 as possible to produce that sticky icky, so more windiness can only mean more CO2.
it's probably too much wind if you see the stalks of your plant bending away from the fan. if its a little breezy and the fan leaves are able to take the stress, go for it!

thanks for all replies. the main thing i was worried about was whether or not the direct wind would harm resin production or cause any other significant problems

Latest posts

Back