How risky?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icex420

Smokaturkey
Reaction score
Is it to order say a 600 watt hps and a reflector hood over the internet?

Living in the states?

There is absolutely positively no risk at all.....

I reckon leasing a warehouse and ordering 500 1000watters might raise a few eyebrows, but 1 light which is legal to own; not worth the resources.

Most get busted out of sheer stupidity and are dumb enough to leave sufficient evidence to pin it on them.

Although difficult to overcome the initial paranoia, if you are an otherwise law obiding citizen you have nothing to worry about.

There is zero risk. Buying a light is not against the law.

No kind of "List" or anything? =)

What do you think they are Santa Claus?...:rofl:

nice PC, santa claus...list? yep they put ya on same list as when you buy anarchist cookbook. these lights arent just intended for growing weed ya know. i recommend htgs quick on ship & mostly fair prices, but what makes up for their prices is customer service!

docfishwrinkle said:
nice PC, santa claus...list? yep they put ya on same list as when you buy anarchist cookbook. these lights arent just intended for growing weed ya know. i recommend htgs quick on ship & mostly fair prices, but what makes up for their prices is customer service!

That! google hydroponic vegetables - 3,380,000 hits. HTG is great!

Icex420 said:
Is it to order say a 600 watt hps and a reflector hood over the internet?

Living in the states?

Go to Ebay and u will find all u need..!!
Craigslist I would be aware of the seller might be a cop but that just me..

Ebay the way to grow.

IMO, it is far riskier to buy something off CL than it is to buy online. Like Flyinghigh said, they could be LEOs. Or they could be scoping out locals growing so they can rip them off. I buy all my stuff online and a lot of it off E-Bay.

I personaly want the least amount of attention. I dont use my credit card for anything so I drive 1 half hours to a grow store out of state from me to get stuff I need. Its hard for LEO to cross borders and cost to much. Plus its nice building relations with the people at the store advice is great there if it doesnt work or theres a problems theres a person with a face to talk to unlike the internet. It may cost a little more but by the time you add shipping its about the same. I wouldnt worry about one light though.

The Hemp Goddess said:
IMO, it is far riskier to buy something off CL than it is to buy online. Like Flyinghigh said, they could be LEOs. Or they could be scoping out locals growing so they can rip them off. I buy all my stuff online and a lot of it off E-Bay.

Those are very good points. Not that I've ever bought anything off CL, but certainly won't consider it with this in mind.

like others said buying a light doesnt automaticlly make you a mj grower there are alot of people who do indoor gardens in winter. 1 simple light will get no attention at all.

Halides are the best lights for salt water aquariums if you are growing coral. If worried you could always order from an aquarium site. I do agree with everyone else though, no worries.

Latest posts

Back