How safe is it to order supplies over the internet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmateurAspirations

Reaction score
Im jw, is it not a good choice to order things like lights, nutes or mediums from places like ebay, htg and so on. my main concern with ebay specifically is that listings that are decent deals often come from outside the country. Am I just paranoid or does it seem risky?

I live in the Mediterranean and order all the equipment + seeds from the UK. Never had a problem. Am going to be buying new lights and tent soon as well that will all be coming from the UK.

Dont forget that these things are not only for growing cannabis, some people actually use them to grow other plants.

I live in the U.S. and bought nearly all my stuff and still do off the internet. It is completely safe IMO.

Wow, the Mediterranean. That has to be beautiful! Your views have to be much better than this city in the US I call home.
Thank you Jericho and Lemon Jack for relaxing my worries. I am to paranoid to go to the grow store in person so i figured the net would be the best way.
I purchased some coco coir at a great price and came home today to see a large package from Israel at my door lol. Silly thing to worry about, right?

It is not impossible to get caught from buying stuff and having it delivered to your home but it's not likely. Unles you are buying thousands of dollars worth of stuff at one time and it just happens to catch someone's eye, or all that thousands of dollars worth of stuff arrives at your door all at the same time and raises a neighbor's couriosity, it is not at all likely to be an issue.

I have ordered a bunch of stuff that delivers to my door without any issue.

The riskiest thing is, if they use Fed-duh-X :bolt::bong:

They couldn't find their way out of a paper bag. jmo:bolt::bong:

Never had a problem with the brown truck guys, but most send in unmarked boxes, check with shipper first.:bolt::bong:

pcduck said:
The riskiest thing is, if they use Fed-duh-X :bolt::bong:

They couldn't find their way out of a paper bag. jmo:bolt::bong:

Never had a problem with the brown truck guys, but most send in unmarked boxes, check with shipper first.:bolt::bong:
Lol yep returning a bulb for my reptile tank today deliverd broken via fed-ex. I really hate when there the only option.

I order virtually all my growing supplies online--I feel it is safer. I live in a tiny teeny community with no shopping. The closest "real" town and hydro/grow store is 65 miles away but, like you, I am not quite comfy there. In a non-mmj state it just seems like it would be so easy for the local LEOs to be taking down license numbers and checking up on you.

However, I also order a lot of non-growing stuff online also as, like I said, no stores here. With all the deliveries I get, my neighbors' only questions were whether I was having an affair with the UPS guy as he was at my house so much :rofl: :rofl:

The Hemp Goddess said:
I order virtually all my growing supplies online--I feel it is safer. I live in a tiny teeny community with no shopping. The closest "real" town and hydro/grow store is 65 miles away but, like you, I am not quite comfy there. In a non-mmj state it just seems like it would be so easy for the local LEOs to be taking down license numbers and checking up on you.

However, I also order a lot of non-growing stuff online also as, like I said, no stores here. With all the deliveries I get, my neighbors' only questions were whether I was having an affair with the UPS guy as he was at my house so much :rofl: :rofl:

They(the fuz) was doing just that in Florida.

The only thing I can see going wrong is the possibility that the stuff will get damaged in transit. I've ordered from Discount-hydro.com and Foothillhydroponics.com a gazillion times and they go out of their way to make sure the gear doesn't get mangled.

Sheesh, at least they could cover up the brand names. How hard is it to fit a big box into a bigger box?

i wondered about that too. If an unwrapped box like that showed up on my doorstep,..gotcha! Ain't no one growing daisys or tomatoes in my neck of the woods.lol I leave the wheels at home and bike to my hyro store:D and no follow homes unless it was by helicopter. I'm not paranoid it is just easier,better to do this way, no gas, no troubles.
But if i did order online, and i will have to some day, i will check for stealth packing and a few extra $$

i thought i should add that no i dont carry 2 ft reflectos and 10 rez hydro system on my bike lol, no just small stuff, otherwise yes i drive.lol

I trust online ordering.. I sometimes wonder at hydro stores if the cops have a cam up on one of the neighboring telephone poles taking tag #'S.. I wouldnt know if I would trust " Craigslist" lots of stuff there too but what happens if it was undercovers ? They entrap ppl all the time when they do hood sales. Hero

Online is safe, if it wasnt 3/4 of this site would be in big trouble, years of ordering Hundreds of thousands of dollars more likely millions of dollars equipment are on here and no one got busted.

Hydro shops are another story, I go to one for certain things but it was a little unsettling at first, but its cool now, but that depends on the shop, a legit shop is cool, they will becareful for you. jmo

HAHAHA, I've gotten paranoid at times too going to the hydro store with the previous thoughts, but then again, I've stopped there on the way home from work in my van with my companies name and phone # on the side. HAHAHA Guess I wasn't that paranoid

PuffinNugs said:
i hate when people ship stuff in the origianl boxes only, atleast wrap it up or something.

last time i bought my reflectors, i had these huge boxes saying Brighter, Biiger, Better Growlight, hydrofarm logos. ect

then they just left it on the porch for everyone to see.

I hve been a UPS driver for well over a decade and hve never delivered any grow equipment with pictured on the box. Sounds like local hydro stores cheaping out and just slapping a label on the box and shipping it like that. I wld remember seeing one and I hve not...ever, but I am in NJ and we don't hve hydro shops out here. Out in Cali I imagine it is quite different.

PuffinNugs said:
happened to be twice now, wasnt from a hydro shop, ebay sellers/stores

I wld neg rep them big time......if I ever had a pkg with a picture of a grow lamp on it I don't think I wld be able to keep a straight face while delivering it....lol. I wld wonder if I knew them on MP.....:)

I got most my stuff online and feel safe about it. A few nosey neighbors asked about all the packages and I just told em early xmas shopping. As far as the local hydro stores I only use cash.

Every piece of equipment I run was bought online. We have hydro stores, in fact I live a few blocks from one but their prices are crazy. Ive ordered beans online from a few places too always using my cc. Id be worried much more about nosey neighbors and loose lips getting you into trouble than online ordering.

Latest posts

Back