How soon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pothead

Reaction score
I need some quality advice please. I am in day 4 of flowering my hydroponic baby and I am starting to see the formation of the little "ball-like" things between the branches and the main stem. I am freaking out because that is my only plant so I really need it to be a girl.

At the early stages of flowering, within the 1st week, do the female and male plants begin to show their sex the same way? As in at first they look the same and then the female begins to show its pistil?

Thank you very much for all the help. :rolleyes:

I was under the impression it took about 14 days,

I am not the last word on the subject thats for sure.

just thought I share what i I have read up on.

give it another week, the male plants form clusters of balls and are easily distinguished from pistils. You knew you had a 50/50 chance of getting a male right? Why didn't you start more?

The males usually reveal themselves first, I'm afraid.

Check out this thread here

It should give you a better idea of what you're looking for.

gagjababy said:
give it another week, the male plants form clusters of balls and are easily distinguished from pistils. You knew you had a 50/50 chance of getting a male right? Why didn't you start more?

I actually started with 8 seeds and it was my first gro. MG killed 3 seeds.:shocked: Then I read about Hydroponic and got a water farm. I put my best plant in there since I only had one water farm and I just hoped for the best.

I also have a second plant but its soil and its about 1/3 the size of my hydro baby...

Latest posts

Back