how they doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exile06

Reaction score
this is a week in since it sprouted i have 2 23watters and a 13 on it right now which brings me to about 3200 lumens for now. i have a 100Mh i plan on using if i dont just use my 70 watt Hps's for veg. I plan on using Promix as soon as there ready to go into big pots. thats prolly about when i will start using nutes. imput appreciated. thx

IMG-0094.JPG

IMG-0095.JPG

IMG-0098.JPG

everything looks great man keep it up. good luck will. be looking forward to seeing more

Those plants look GREAT for a week old! How many do you have?

i have 2 of them the other one is smaller , ill update pics when i got more growth and a better cam which will be very soon!

okay my plants are starting to grow there 4th set of leaves and i decided to put on my Mh in conjunction with my Cfls , they are on 24/7 but i was wondering if @ 12pm tonight i put in my timer for 18/6 and shut the plants of from 12pm -6am thus making it 18/6 from there on since ive heard the plants and ballast need rest. help me out with this one thanks.:) oh my temp sits @ 75 degrees and 32 % Humidity.

Exile06 said:
okay my plants are starting to grow there 4th set of leaves and i decided to put on my Mh in conjunction with my Cfls , they are on 24/7 but i was wondering if @ 12pm tonight i put in my timer for 18/6 and shut the plants of from 12pm -6am thus making it 18/6 from there on since ive heard the plants and ballast need rest. help me out with this one thanks.:) oh my temp sits @ 75 degrees and 32 % Humidity.

Looks like you've been doing your homework Exile. Your plan is good. Do you have a flower chamber for them. Remember those plants are going to get much bigger and they are going to need lots of ventilation to keep them healthy.

Exile06 said:
okay my plants are starting to grow there 4th set of leaves and i decided to put on my Mh in conjunction with my Cfls , they are on 24/7 but i was wondering if @ 12pm tonight i put in my timer for 18/6 and shut the plants of from 12pm -6am thus making it 18/6 from there on since ive heard the plants and ballast need rest. help me out with this one thanks. oh my temp sits @ 75 degrees and 32 % Humidity. will this stress the plants too much??
The 24/7 - 18/6 debate has gone on for as long as people have been growing MJ.

Altering your light cycle to a shorter span after the plants are used to a 24/7 cycle may cause the plant to start production of the flowering hormone, but it's unlikely. If it does, I doubt that the plants would go into a full flower. I've never heard of anyone flowering on 18/6 lighting.

The plant doesn't need a "rest". The ballast doesn't need a "rest".

You can save money by not running your lights for 6 hours each day, but I believe that 24 hour light causes better growth. Lots of people would disagree with me on that.

Good luck to you man!

well i can keep my temps @ 75degrees 24/7 no problem,
so i can just veg 24/7 with my Mh then switch to 12/12 with my hps when ready?

Exile06 said:
well i can keep my temps @ 75degrees 24/7 no problem,
so i can just veg 24/7 with my Mh then switch to 12/12 with my hps when ready?
You sure can.

Keep that light at the proper height so your plants don't burn...

i thought ide post some pics of my 2 babies under the 100w MH which should hopefully get me thru veg nicley. They are 10 days old since i planted them. I plan to get them in there final pots this week with some promix. I also have been thinking about buying some veg and flowering nutes and i was thinking about either A&B nutrients or advanced nutes but im not too sure which is better. imput appreciated. thx

IMG-0099.JPG

IMG-0100.JPG

Stoney Bud said:
You can save money by not running your lights for 6 hours each day, but I believe that 24 hour light causes better growth.

From what i've noticed... way more growth... I have my light timer shut the light off for 1 hour a week... to let the ballast cool down and chill out a lil bit... but aside from that... i let her burn.

I use the promix medium, and notice that my ph is always high (could be my own fault I don't know). Around 7.75. And the water I use has a ph of about 5.5. So it might be a good idea to add some extra dolmite to stabalize ph levels. But it seems like lots of people use and like the promix peat moss though. Trial and error. Good luck!

i have a 400 watt HPS / MH ballast , should it be to the point where you have to take your fingre off it , or should it not get that hot

MrOysterhead said:
i have a 400 watt HPS / MH ballast , should it be to the point where you have to take your fingre off it , or should it not get that hot

Ballasts get pretty hot... up to 90f I've seen mine... normally it is around 82 or so with a lil fan oscing on it

Latest posts

Back