How to grow bigger plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grodude

Reaction score
I'm running a DWC setup. A lot of the answers are intuitive, but I want to make sure I have a complete understanding. I assume the size of the container/tote/whatever matters. Or is it the amount of water? How much space the roots have? There are 14 gallon, 27, 32, etc. What's a good size for one big plant? Every time I see a big bucket I think it's over over kill or could fit 2 plants, but I'm not sure. Thanks

The size of the container is what matters. Bigger pot bigger roots bigger plant.

Actually, with DWC, the size of the bucket is not that big a deal. Though smaller quantities of water are harder to keep the pH stabilized. You can grow fairly large plants in a 5 gal bucket or tote. I don't know that there is much re3ason to go over 10 gal for a single plant. IMO, a res change should be done every 7-10 days anyway, so large totes can waste nutrients. Unless you have clones from the same mother, I would not put 2 plants in a single tote.

When you are just starting out, your first concern should be learning how to grow. Yield will come with experience.

I'm running a DWC setup. A lot of the answers are intuitive, but I want to make sure I have a complete understanding. I assume the size of the container/tote/whatever matters. Or is it the amount of water? How much space the roots have? There are 14 gallon, 27, 32, etc. What's a good size for one big plant? Every time I see a big bucket I think it's over over kill or could fit 2 plants, but I'm not sure. Thanks
what's a big plant?
I just harvested a 35" tall plant out of a 5 gallon tote.
She put down close to 2 gallons (displaced) of roots.
Other than having to adjust pH at least once a day (24 hour), it was fine.
:48:

I recently grew a 5.5 ounce plant in a 5 gal DWC bucket, but that is my biggest yield. Most my plants run from 2-4 ounces depending on strain and how long I veg them. And why one large plant rather than a 2 or 3 smaller ones? It is not always a good thing to put all your eggs in one basket.

very nice THG

my average over 5 grows is 3.4oz from 1 plant
vegged my 3 seed grows for about 2 months and the 2 clone grows were closer to 1 month

(I don't SCROG though and I think that's the direction the OP is heading)

Latest posts

Back