How to test for the potecy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BGrimey420

Reaction score
Could anyone enlighten me on how one could accurately measure the THC content of my different strains? Currently i just judge based on the volcano vapor color, number of bags, and density. i would like to know the actual % of THC so i can see how close the actual buds are to what it says on the seed bank site. any help is always appreciated ty.

well first, potency and THC % are two different things. much of potency has to do with the canaboids and such other than just THC. I'm not a chemist and don't know the terms for everything off hand-but basically, from what i've read, just because a bud has 15% does not mean it will get you higher than one with 14% because of the present psychoactive ingrediants that are not THC. that being said i have no idea how you would test for THC % between 2 samples without a masters degree and some serious and expensive equipment.

off hand, maybe some sort of extraction method to turn the samples into hash? but i'm not quite sure how you would land on a specific %.

gas chromatography mass spectroscopy. last cannabis cup, they had one and were testing every bodies weed. some dispensaries are beginning to use this method to cut thru every body claiming they have the best cannabis. one test and every body knows who's got what. print out gives % of thc, cbd, and cbn.

I would start with green house seeds in amsterdam, *since they won the cup this year), and ask them who or how the administrators of the cup keep those records, if any???? Also, just my stupid opinino, but I think that some farms have the tendency to upsale their numbers..Lets not forget, same strain, different mother, can equal different tendicies.

Latest posts

Back