i might sound unpatient but is there any way to make ur plant grow rapid durin veg growth ?? . and also people say miricle gro is bad but ive seen a pik of someone who uses it an wow their buds r juicy and big .
i might sound impatient but is there any way to make ur plant grow rapid durin veg growth ?? . and also people say miricle gro is bad but ive seen a pik of someone who uses it an wow their buds r juicy and big .
Hey bud boy, good to meetcha. Yes, several major factors have to be considered if you want your plants to grow at their optimum speed and health.
1. Light. Metal Halides are the absolute best for the vegetative cycle. HPS lights are the best for the flowering cycle. Using lights that provide 5000 lumens at the surface of the plant would max out the transpiration rate of all but a few strains.
2. Carbon Dioxide. 2,000 PPM will make your plants grow as much as five times as fast as they would without it.
3. Temperature. If you are providing the max light, then 75 to 85 degrees will also help increase transpiration and thus, plant growth speed.
4. Air flow and Humidity. Because of the other factors, moisture is a problem in a thick growing plant such as MJ. Keeping the air moving during the vegetative cycle will do many things. All helpful.
Humidity should be kept between 40 and 60 percent. The closer you can get to 60 percent, the better, but not over. This is also why your air flow is necessary.
5. Water and PH. You should use a water that has as few minerals as possible in it. The minerals in water are unpredictable and can radically alter your pH.
The pH needs to be as close to 6.5 as you can keep it. The plants nutrient uptake depends a lot on this.
6. Nutrients. Today, the problem of proper nutrients is past. Many places now make nutrients that are specifically designed for use with MJ. Find the one that's right for your type of grow and measure it very well. Don't "bump" it up. The suggested mix for your grow is the right one.
7. If you're using dirt, then use a good grade of potting soil that has NO added nutrients.
There you have it. If you want perfect plants, do what I've outlined above. Using LST and pruning will help maximize your grow area into a "sea of green" that grows incredibly fast.
Of course if it were as easy as just this, it would be nice. You need to read as much information about growing MJ as you can get your hands on. Pest Control, and problem solving are two of the other things that you'll need to learn.
Good luck with your grows and let us see some pics.
Ventilation is key. When CO2 is exhausted, growth ceases. For optimum growth, provide flo-thru ventilation (more cost-effective than CO2 augmentation).
I disagree about MH being better than HPS for veg. With good ventilation, HPS meets or exceeds MH.
If not, a full-spectrum bulb is worth the extra $.
No one said you can't grow pot using miracle grow--you can.
The reason why no experienced grower uses miracle grow:
It can literally fry roots off a seedling.
It contains no mg.
It gives the buds a nasty chem. taste.
Other nutrients grow fatter tastier juicier buds.