how unpleasant...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckdee123

Roland Burnett
Reaction score
looks like my GDP has become a bit under the weather.
this is one of the five plants i have right now, the only of it's strain.

quick specs - 400w hps in a 2x3 space, temps are 70-74 daytime and 57-62 nighttime. ph is kept at 6.5 and i'm using the FF nute chart, but only feeding once a week, watering about 2-3 times a week.

this is not what all the leaves are looking like, probably 5 or 6 scattered around the plant. a lot of the other leaves look real healthy and some are yellowing but have no brown on them...

lemme know what you think...

thanks!

gdpleaf1.jpg

gdpleaf2.jpg

The plant is showing signs of Nitrogen deficiency and needs to be fed a shot of vegetative nutrients.

They look to be vegging still. If that's the case they are just a little hungry.

get a bag of mexican bat guano mix it some tea and watch the plant try to give you a high five

pluck those yellow leaves too disease spreads just get rid of em

those yellow leaves aren't diseased six.

His plant is showing Nitrogen deficiency.
You can pluck dying growth, but it's all on what you want to do.

They aren't diseased, but the problem will spread without a proper fertilizer with a decent amount of N in it.

no they are not but they are not green and dyeing/rotting which can bring on disease,and are more prone to infestation.no?

Mr.Wakenbake said:
The plant is showing signs of Nitrogen deficiency and needs to be fed a shot of vegetative nutrients.

They look to be vegging still. If that's the case they are just a little hungry.

you mean i should just increase the nutes i am already using?
they are still vegging, but only are a few days away from going into 12/12.

they will have veg growth for the first 2-3 wks into flower..
up the Nitrogen or take a watering out and replace it with a feeding.. but that looks like loack of N to me.. goin through it right now with me moms..
LH

when you are watering the 2 or 3 times between feedings you are washing or flushing the nutes out of your medium. You should only water it once and then feed again. If your pots are that small that they need watered every 3 days, then you need to decrease the amount of nutes and feed more often. You see what I;m trying to say??....hmmm how do i make this make sense. So insted of feeding full strength nutes once a week feed 1/2 strength, then water, then 1/2 strength again...that way nutes will stay in your soil. The way your doing it, your feeding and then 2 days later flushing it out, and then 2 days flushing it more...and then another flush, and then a feed. But it only has 2 days to uptake the nutes, and you are flushing it again. Does that make sense? I would transplant into a bigger pot if you are needing to water that often.

I use FF line-up and I only feed once a week. Mine are in 5gl pots so they do not dry out until a week later, so I don't ever need to add just straight water. By the time they are dried out it is time to feed again. I do need to flush my medium every 2 or 3 weeks this way to keep from getting nute build up, but I have been doing it this way for a long time now with no problems.

You do not need to trim the leaves, they are not diseased like Mr Wake said they are just lacking (N) from too much watering. Only trim leaves if they are dead, and crispy. Let the plant pull every bit of stored nutrient out of it. That is why the leaves yellow, because there is no (N) in the soil so it is pulling the (N) from its reserves...the leaves. Feel free to PM if you did not understand what I was saying, or any other questions about the FF lineup. Do you have their feeding schedule? Are you using all 3 nutes plus the solubles, or just the liquids?

Also I would not put them into flower until they are healthy again, you wouldn't send an injured player into the game...samr thing here. If you want to get the most out of them send them in healthy!

Yeah that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

Basically you just been a little light on the nutrients which is a good thing. They look healthy overall. Just need one more feeding of maybe what you normally do + 1/2 of the normal. like 1-1/2 times normal dose. or 1-1/4.

Say if you normally put 1 teaspoon in a gallon, put 1 and a half. Whatever you do just increase it some, you need atleast one more feeding of vegetative nutrients before you flip the lights.

Happy growing.

Latest posts

Back