how

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokeup1

Reaction score
question..if i decide to grow in a wardrobe or armoire..do i HAVE to have a hps and mh?..i CANNOT CUT ANY HOLES IN THE HOUSE BECAUSE I DONT OWN IT..MY FATHER DOES.. and before anyone here says .."well you need to get a place of your own"..thats out of the question..my father is in bad health and i cannot leave him alone he is 81..so if i use a armoire..how the hell do i vent it?..plus the elctric companies here are hot on this shyt of electrical useage for the dea and state police here..so if anyone has any brilliant ideas?..i would love to hear them...thanks ..tokeup1

if your not able to modify anything within the house, AND it must be a stealth grow. then i suggest Google searching. "stealth grow kit" or something similar. there are several companies out there that offer all in one grow setups that can look exactly like a piece of furniture

Maybe building a frame to fit into your window when it's open and vent out of an open window and draw cold air in from the room. Could be as simple as cutting a piece of plywood the size of an open window with a hole cut in it the size of your duct piping with a dryer vent cap over it to prevent pests and bugs getting in. You could also tack some of that insulation board to it to help with your heat/cool air loss from that open window venting out.I know you said you cant cut any holes into your house so maybe there's a crawlspace you can use instead of going out of the window?

HPS will be your best bet on flowering. For veg, instead of using MH you might want to look into a High Output T5 fixture... they put out slightly more lumens per watt and you can put the light right on top of the plant (1-3inches).

As long as you pay your bill the electric company wont come knocking, besides if you're only growing one or two plants(from what I've read on your other thread) you will only need a 250-400W HPS bulb which is 2.5 - 4 100W regular light bulbs running 12 hrs a day(during flowering).

My T5 light puts out a nice 20,000lumens for only 200W 24/7 so like two light bulbs on 24/7. Whereas a 250W MH bulb will only put out 21,000 so 1k more lumens for an extra 50W, but T5's run MUCH cooler.

hxxp://htgsupply.com/Product-HTG-Supply-2-Foot-4-Lamp-PL-55-Tek-Lamp.asp
^ Theres the link to my veg light and does a very nice job, it's also used by others here (it's how I was told about this light actually from Hemp Goddess)

My ventilation fan I am using is a 100W 449CFM fan running on half power and it ventillates a room volume 5.5ft x 2ft x 8 ft several times a minute. Your fan probably wont use that much power either. Make sure you have a good carbon scrubber during flower or you will be blasting mary's musk everywhere for a great distance.

Check out the Tent Growers club here Or Grow Room Setup and Design section the pros will chime in with any better info. Good luck in your grow also rule number one TELL NO ONE :) for your safety and your father's.

Silver bullets window vent insert recommendation is a good one. What about just vegging in house/ cabnet and tranfer plants out doors, off property (gurellia grow /sp?) for flower. (I'd look into autoflowers)

If Ky police/ dea are on the look out for power consumption then why risk your 81 year old Dad unless he's aware of the grow and is willing to risk it. Making him an unaware accessory does not seem like a good thing to me. His house, his approval should be sought.

My father is also in his 80's and he would be crushed if I had to deal with these legal issues and I have my own place hours away. To risk him and his house for my hobby would not cross my mind.

Maybe you could go ahead now and slowly increase your power consumption and turn those thing off when you have your grow power consumption figured out.

I tried to run mh/hps without cutting hole in my house and found to get the temps down I had no choice but to vent my tent thru the wall to outside. Without the outside vent my ac was running all the time to keep the house cool. Another power hog.

Cold weather is on the way and will help with the cooling if you can get outside colder air to your grow and vent it out. (intake and exhaust vents not too close to each other.)

Sorry if my thoughts on this are not looked upon favorably. I do wish you the best of luck on figuring it all out. Also your a Good Man for seeing your Dad thru these years.

question..if i decide to grow in a wardrobe or armoire..do i HAVE to have a hps and mh?

No...cfl's and t'5 will work, but hps is best for flowering. Because of heat build up I would veg with a t-5 and flower with hps. If I was only going to use one light for both veg and flower I would get a hps
so if i use a armoire how the hell do i vent it?

You will need ventilation no matter what light you use. I hope it has removable draws or something, otherwise you will need to drill/remove some wood to get air in and out

Latest posts

Back