HPS fixture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballmonkey7

Reaction score
so i was looking for a fixture and i cant beleive how freakin expensive they wer! like 200-500 dollars. can i just use a cheap one thats rated for the bulb? or do i need one of those nice ones? also how far away should each plant be? the strain is "snow white"

You can have your plants almost touching the HPS fixture as long as they are keeping cool enough, because otherwise you can burn them.

I am using a 150watt HPS for my entire grow and have 6 plants that are doing well.

hXXp://www.bestgrowlights.com/site/403863/product/SSI900490

That is the one I have and it is only $85. It works well and has a ballast enclosed. If you decide to buy just the bulb with a fixture, you will still need to buy a ballast, which can expensive.

Good luck!:aok:

ballmonkey.. the amount of light you need is directly related to the size/dimensions of your grow area. 5,000 lumens per sq ft is the recommended 'optimal'.
I just googled "150 watt hps", the very first 3 returns are all cheaper than $85...:confused2:.. BUT.. a 150 is only sufficient lighting for about 3 sq. ft. If your space is larger than that, more/bigger light is necessary.

im only buying 5 feminized seed and seeing that all of them sprout fine i think 3 sq feet will ok. wat do u think?

im using a 400 hps security light that i stripped down to the ballest and socket and add a reflector ,,,very cheap and producing good buds even if i do say so myself :hubba:,,even without the glass in place i get my ladies within 16 inches

ballmonkey7 said:
im only buying 5 feminized seed and seeing that all of them sprout fine i think 3 sq feet will ok. wat do u think?
somewhat. strain dependant.. but, "I" personally would never allow for less than 1 sq ft per plant...minimum

Latest posts

Back