Humidity (Indoors)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto-Man

Noli urinae contra ventus
Reaction score
Hey guys 'n gals,

OK, so I realized (belatedly, as w/ so many things) that humidity is a good thing to manage.

I brought a portable humidifier into the veg area today after I transplanted my six babies, and where it now reads 44% humidity.

I also have a cheapo exhaust fan via 3" tubing going in to the larger flowering space resulting in somewhat higher humidity levels there as well (36%)but that has the powerful 6" fan sucking everything out too.

Here's a pic of my new seedlings: In front we have Critical Jack, Rockstar's Cheese, a Larry, and in back another Cheese, a Royal Queen Dwarf auto and my other Larry. The Cheese are not feminized, but the others are.

I'm slowly improving things around here! Too busy to do a grow journal, but I'll post more pics when circumstances demand/allow :)

Cheers,

photo.JPG

Thanks Rosebud and 4U... since I took that pic a few days ago, and I have like 40% humidity on there now, these lil seedlings are taking off like crazy. I'm impressed!

I have two whose stem seems weak and thin, I wonder if this is a genetic (inherent) problem, or something I might manage (one is a Larry, the other weakling is a Cheese).

Cheers,

looking nice still too early to judge their stems. a small oscillating fan may help for better stem growth. where I am, i struggle to lower humidity with dehumidifier in late flowering

They look great! You do need an oscillating fan on them like Zem mentioned (hey Zem, great avi!:giggle:).

If the stems get too long and weak, just repot them burying them to the leaves.

Moto- Have you grown Rockstar's cheese before? I have the beans but haven't popped any yet...

sMACk

Thanks Zem and HG, yeah I do have a fan in there but its clumsy and I really need to get another (better) one.

SA - yes, this is my second go-round with R's Cheese. I have to say that this was an excellent strain IIRC - the Larry might have been stronger, but they are similar enough too. I would go for it!

Here's another pic from an hour or so ago... I have never had such lush seedlings. It has to be the 40-45% humidity that informs this excellent growth!

Cheers,

photo.JPG

Oh yeah, they look good and healthy. Nice tight node spacing as well :)

THG thanks I like your avi too :p
Moto-Man they look great! It is usually a combination of good conditions (humidity temps feeding ph pests etc... etc...) that make for great growth. we improve our skills every time we grow so it is just normal to see things going better and better...

zem said:
THG thanks I like your avi too :p
Moto-Man they look great! It is usually a combination of good conditions (humidity temps feeding ph pests etc... etc...) that make for great growth. we improve our skills every time we grow so it is just normal to see things going better and better...

Thanks Zem... this humidity increase is stunning to me. Lookit this pic, taken an hour ago - they are 24/7 under 4 54WT5HO tubes. The bulbs are prolly two years old too... Some of us learn more slowly than others, but we all have our own gifts :rolleyes:

I don't want the rigorous demands of a grow journal but I will post periodic pics of these seedlings - until I flower them anyway :icon_smile:

Cheers,

photo.JPG

Latest posts

Back