Humidity question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

North Fork Hermit

try'n to stop time.......
Reaction score
Since my last winter grow I've relocated. Before I start this grow I noticed the humidity in my box is at 30%. If I start my grow will the plants [3 or 4] give off enough moisture to raise the humidity? If not- how can I raise humidity before I start? Never faced a low humidity problem before.
Box -- 2'W x 2'L x 4' H, CFLs, Soil, intake fan bottom side, exhaust fan top side, circulation fan inside box.
Thanks for any help

30% will be okay. If you want it higher than that either put a humidifier or an open pan of water in there along with your plants.

Don't worry about the humidity BEFORE starting to grow. It will change as you start growing anyway.

Remember, the higher the humidity the more likely you are to have problems with mild and mildew.

Good luck and good smoking.

all my humidity gauge says at momment is LL%, meaning its in single digits. you should feel lucky.

30% really isnt that bad, 40%-50% is what most people shoot for.

30% is pretty bangin' for fighting bud rot when you are flowering dense strains... You could have some issues with cloning if the RH is on the low side but for veg growth and flowering your plants will do very well with 30% RH ime.

Peace!:cool:

IMO...you wanna get a Humidifier..when the lights come on you will drop RH..30% is to low...I shoot for 40% in flower..wich is tough with HPS..and 60-70 in Veg another tough one..but they thrive in it..and Mites dont:D Hope this helps

take care and be safe..and Merry Christmas

yeah I like mine up around 60 in veg, and 50 and under in flower (to keep mold and mildew out of my buds) I put a humidifier right by my intake when growing in a cabinet if the RH is too low, but if you have the room inside go for that.

nice post.. Thanks.. I've been worrying about my 30% humidity for the last few weeks :)

I put a humidifier right by my intake when growing in a cabinet if the RH is too low,

legalize freedom;
Thanks for this idea, best option for me....

Latest posts

Back