hydro growth compared to soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
I got my little hydro set going because Ive heard the plant will grow faster and produce bigger buds. Is this true. I know there are many variables but under good conditions does hydro out grow a plant in soil? Does it make the plant bud faster? If it does than how much time does it cut off from flowering?

Here is day one from clone and 2 weeks later.
You be the judge.

da1all.jpg

begweek3sml.JPG

Right on Grow, the old faithful Waterfarms. Great looking girls man.

I used those when I first started growin', until one of the rocks fell into the bottom bucket and plugged up the return line. Water everywhere. Those rocks fit perfect into those fittings.

looks good.i have been wanting to try hydro,but i am scared really.i will soon though.for a beginner,what would be the best setup to buy,considering that i could aDD on to it later if i could get the knack of it.sorry again for the interuption.guess i should have posted in hydro area.oops

Growdude said:
You be the judge.
looks almost as fast as my soil grow..great looking plants man:D i myself am wanting to go hydro to see if i have as good of luck as i did with my first soil grow

Growdude said:
You be the judge.

nice set up can you send me a bluprint of your set up i like it. and im up for new things...

If you look in my sig. you will see my aero grow. Seeds were started on the
4th of July. Plants are now 3-4ft. and have been flowering for 2 1/2 weeks. I can't wait to put my clones in this system. 2 week veg time to have 15-18 inch plants. I just bought an aero cloner to speed things up. My last cuttings took three weeks to root and only 30% made it. Really weird becuase I have always had very good luck with cloning.

Hicks hit the nail on the head. "Ideal Conditions". Just because you go hydro, does not mean the plants will just go nuts and have quick growth.
Room temp, CO2 ppm, strain, type of light. It all goes into play.

IMHO, if you are experienced in growing in soil, Switching to hydro will be an easy step.To me, growing isn't about "best system" or "best nuits" it's really about understanding how a plant works, and what it needs and when it needs it. This includes growroom conditions. Once you TRULY understand that, you can be sucessful in all grow attempts, soil or hydro..
Hydro works well for me, and if it ain't broke. I ain't going to fix it.

These clones come from the same mother, at the same time, under the same light. SO why are thew 2 soil clones doing soo much better after 2weeks?? whats goin on with my hydro grow? I grew mom in hydro with same nutes. This is ironic cuz i was expecting the hydro to be the ones to get the jumpstart

Photo_052509_002.jpg

Photo_052509_001.jpg

hemp319 said:
These clones come from the same mother, at the same time, under the same light. SO why are thew 2 soil clones doing soo much better after 2weeks?? whats goin on with my hydro grow? I grew mom in hydro with same nutes. This is ironic cuz i was expecting the hydro to be the ones to get the jumpstart

The Hydro ones are showing some nute burn. Thas why =)

A perfectly working hydro will always have more vigor then soil. If there are no variables between the two.

KADE said:
The Hydro ones are showing some nute burn. Thas why =)

A perfectly working hydro will always have more vigor then soil. If there are no variables between the two.
Yeah they aren't looking their happiest, I was using like 120ppms of nutes in my dwc when they were that small.

Has anyone noticed when this thread was started? How does that happen?

Latest posts

Back