i don't trust new ph tester

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nycdiesel

Reaction score
i just recieved my ph tester witch i purchased on ebay. I didn't say if it was new or used so i just assumed it was new:eek:

Anyway tester instructions say to keep tip damp. when i received it tip was dry.

it did not come with calibration solution

Can members please help by giving me the ph of common products so i have something to compare to. :hairpull:

i have
poland spring
Fox farm grow big concentrate
assorted sodas
Thanks sorry to be a pain in the *** - thanks again

The Hemp Goddess said:
IMO, you need calibration solution--there is no substitution. You should calibrate at least every month.

if i know the ph of something else cant i use that to calibrate as well?

whas the difference between one solution vs theirs

Yes, you need calibration PH 7.01, also 2 other fluids the storage and the cleaning (cleaning not so much, but good 2 have nevertheless) I got the calibration packet with the meter as a "bonus" but I bought the storage and cleaning separately, also on eBay.

Most of the time the seller probably store multiple meters on a shelf, or box, or whatever this will ultimately let the solution evaporate. Usually you can let the tip soak for a 1/2 hour - hour and that will do the trick, now I don't know if you can soak it in regular water OR if you only can use storage solution :confused: I have the solutions so idk.

Supposedly tap water is in the 7.0 (neutral) area BUT my water is 7.6, I know that now that I trust my meter

I got my solutions for $20 + free shipping...

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

nycdiesel said:
if i know the ph of something else cant i use that to calibrate as well?

whas the difference between one solution vs theirs

I think the biggest difference is the fluids are made at laboratories, they are dead on accurate, and that is what you want
:)

grrrr ok ok my cheap *** will buy the solution

i just dropped cracked seeds into rapid rooters. Its going to take 1-2 weeks for solution to arrive. My auto ak's will need water before then, can someone please give me something to use as an estimate. Tester may be ok for now. i will buy solution! For a week or so i'd like to know if my tester is in the general range.

P.S once i have something to take a pic of (besides dirt) i will start a journal - i could definitely use the community's help

please someone give me a reading

nycdiesel said:
grrrr ok ok my cheap *** will buy the solution

i just dropped cracked seeds into rapid rooters. Its going to take 1-2 weeks for solution to arrive. My auto ak's will need water before then, can someone please give me something to use as an estimate. Tester may be ok for now. i will buy solution! For a week or so i'd like to know if my tester is in the general range.

P.S once i have something to take a pic of (besides dirt) i will start a journal - i could definitely use the community's help

please someone give me a reading

I would suggest you don't use your meter, just in case. It should be ok, but if your really worried about it, give it filtered water, should be ok even if the pH isn't.

Latest posts

Back