I found two seeds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megan23247

Sexy Female Grower
Reaction score
Okay so I just harvested two days ago and while ill was breaking up some bud I found two seeds, so far the only two seeds. :eek: :eek: Have I done something wrong or what? How did this happen and does this mean my girl is now a hermie? I just put her back into Veg so that next time around I could get clones off her but No way do I want to clone a hermie. Other than the two seeds it really is some good bud. :D

I am germinating the seeds now and going to start growing those and see what happens. :hubba:

Thanks in advance! :cool:

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Was she the only plant you grew? If so she went hermie on ya somewhere down the line. :eek: IMHO toss those seeds right in the trash as they will have a good chance of being hermie as well. ;)

No I grew two plants so does this mean the other is prob a hermie as well? This sucks. Ill throw the seeds away right now. Thanks for the info TBG.

I just decided since I have to start pretty much all over that im gonna order some off the net. I feel like I have some what of a grasp on this whole grow thing so I might as well grow something I know I like.

you could just be really lucky if your plant produced some good bud, and if its your only plant then why not plant the hermies and grow some more killer bud with seeds?

I wouldnt throw them away.. think about it, if your plant has alot of thc, and a couple seeds, then whats the harm in keeping it? the only way a hermie is bad is that it will pollenate other females?? i may be wrong.

iClown said:
you could just be really lucky if your plant produced some good bud, and if its your only plant then why not plant the hermies and grow some more killer bud with seeds?

I wouldnt throw them away.. think about it, if your plant has alot of thc, and a couple seeds, then whats the harm in keeping it? the only way a hermie is bad is that it will pollenate other females?? i may be wrong.

I agree with you though they may not be hermies as well and may even produce male plants in that case total harvest may be lost as well as if they are hermies and he orders other seeds and they get pollinated again, harvest may be lost... I believe hermies can save the day if you are desperate or find out that they have very good genetics and they can ensure next generation so why waste cash?

It is a double edged blade...

iClown said:

the "harm" is in further promoting and infusing the hermie genetics into "everything" that it touches.
The only possible way that those seeds are not of hermie genetics, is if the plant was exposed to a male very early in flower.

It is a double edged blade...
.. the "double edged blade" is in producing, promoting, and breeding in the hermie characteristic... ;)

I read that when the plant starts to produce seed it stops producing THC to do so..so why would you want to grow plants that would not produce fully for you..just my .2..but I would toss them as they have said..purchase some good Beans from Amsterdam and grow some quality beans....Good luck my friend

4u2smoke said:
I read that when the plant starts to produce seed it stops producing THC to do so..so why would you want to grow plants that would not produce fully for you..just my .2..but I would toss them as they have said..purchase some good Beans from Amsterdam and grow some quality beans....Good luck my friend

Is that true? I plan on doing some selective pollinating on one of my plants. Should I wait to pollinate right before harvest and let the pollinated buds keep going? I was hoping I'd get 80% of the buds with 20% pollinated. Now what?

BBFan said:
Is that true? I plan on doing some selective pollinating on one of my plants. Should I wait to pollinate right before harvest and let the pollinated buds keep going? I was hoping I'd get 80% of the buds with 20% pollinated. Now what?

Not totally stop producing thc, but it does expend energy making seeds.
"Selective" pollination is a perfect way to make yourself a few seeds, and still produce 'good' sensemilla buds from the same plant.
Pollinating only 1 or 2 branches will usually produce plenty of seeds for future grows.
There ar a couple of excellent threads on "how to.." in the breeding section, I believe.

I would get rid of them. The only time I have had a hermie was when I planted some seeds I found in some killer Shishkaberry. They were obviously from a hermie and hermied on me (I was just starting to grow and didn't even know about hermies then). I ended up with 7 girls totally seeded--hardly any bud. I was soooooooo bummed.

billy_fyshe said:
you can get some real good genetics really cheap
have a look at the mandala or nirvana strains
and do away with the lady boys
you only need one good female
then clone clone clone

This is my plan for sure! Im getting the seeds today gonna order from Dr. Chronic prob ive heard lots of great things about him. I just went and got some rockwool so my plan is like you said...Clone, clone , Clone! Thanks for the info!

good idea ;)

any idea what variety ur gonna go for?
goodluck & happy farming whatever u pick :D

The Hemp Goddess said:
I would get rid of them. The only time I have had a hermie was when I planted some seeds I found in some killer Shishkaberry. They were obviously from a hermie and hermied on me (I was just starting to grow and didn't even know about hermies then). I ended up with 7 girls totally seeded--hardly any bud. I was soooooooo bummed.

I started off with just some plan ole bag seed from some great bud. I germinated 10 seeds, out of those ten seeds 6 of them sprouted, out of those six 4 ended up being males so that left me with the two "girls" I have and now one of those is a def hermie and its possible the other one may be! lol. One heck of a learning experience I must say! :watchplant:

And yes I feel just like you did...Totally Bummed! :confused:

BUT good thing is like I said it ended up being some great smoke and I feel pretty lucky cause I think I got a pretty good yield IMO. :D

image011.jpg

Nice looking buds Megan! Hopefully you won't hermie by smoking them! :)

billy_fyshe said:
good idea ;)

any idea what variety ur gonna go for?
goodluck & happy farming whatever u pick :D

Well im not trying to spend too much money but I have seen some pretty good deals, I saw some for like 15 euro (which is around $30 USD I think) which IMO is a dang good deal. I originally wanted to go with a Blueberry x Northern Lights strain but now im thinking something a little easier. Im still learning lots so in time im sure ill try diff strains who knows. :D

BBFan said:
Nice looking buds Megan! Hopefully you won't hermie by smoking them! :)

So far so good, I havent hermied yet BUT I have gotten a good buzz! lol :hubba:

Latest posts

Back