I got a question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joker448

Reaction score
I dont have much money and heard cfl's are decent for the money. How many watts do i need ?

If you don't have alot of money i would suggest getting a some cfl's .. But you will need a couple hundred watts to get anything decent. Maybe a small 150w hps would be better and less $ in the longrun.

You can order a nice little 150 online for less than a hundred bux, with reflector bulb and all... you just got to look around a bit.

Ebay, or InsideSun has some nice lights for little of nothing.

ideal is 50w per square foot of grow space floor.

Goodluck..

I only have 1 plant and its in the vegitative part and i need to know how many cfl's for it and how many watt

joker448 said:
I only have 1 plant and its in the vegitative part and i need to know how many cfl's for it and how many watt

Depend on ur box!!
My box is 3x4x7 and I have 4 42 wattson top and 4 unit 4 feet lites each bulb has 40 watts in each cornners and 2 26 at the bottom..
If u want u can go check out my threads and see Pix..

I know after I can pull these Girls up I am going to buy a few more Cfl's to add with what I got for flowering!!

see.... i have ran into a problem. I have no place to grow my 1 plant except for this storage area under my bed which is pretty roomy, i can fit in it and i think should work fine. I just got my seed out of germination and its in the vegitative part and yeah... lol how many watts will i need for one plant on a cfl light?

Under your bed?:confused:

How high is your bed off the ground? You need to have about 4000 to 5000 lumen's per square foot. If you get the 43 watt CFL's that put out 2600 lumen's each you need two per square foot of grow area. Use the 5600K or higher for veg and the 2400K ones for flower.

what is your bed height? i think that a 27W should be ok, but if you can then use more :). look that its rated about 6700k=bright white.

the heighth of my bed is about 2 feet and i already have a 40w daytime cfl light, will it work for vegetation

Latest posts

Back