i have a question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miky

Reaction score
i am growing now paradise seeds white berry

i started from seed

i know that this plant could reach 120 cm high
i have not that space
now i am in the 4th week from seed

i know that a should wait at list 6 weeks from seed before changing the light circle to 12/12 hours

i wonder if i change it now is the plant going to grow less?

thanks for the help

if you have issues with heightthen you should switch now.it might just take a little longer to show.i only count flower day from first sign of sex,however this is just opinion ,i still beleive she is veggin for 14days under 12/12 as i stick with m/h to eliviate strech,just a little trick an olde hippy traught me!shes gonna increase in size 150% aleast so be careful

mrspliffy said:
if you have issues with heightthen you should switch now.it might just take a little longer to show.i only count flower day from first sign of sex,however this is just opinion ,i still beleive she is veggin for 14days under 12/12 as i stick with m/h to eliviate strech,just a little trick an olde hippy traught me!

i think you are right

i will change it to day
i do not want to lose the plants because too close to the light

dude just top it off. it will stop groin in hight, but it will get bushy. changing the lights to early i think will force it to flower? something like that. check with others b4 u change the light

hey just confirmed, switching to 12/12 put the plant into flowering soon as its sexualy mature, so yea ur plant might be short, depending on strain when sexualy mature).it will also afect ur yeild.but shorter time till harvest... just top it to get full yeild. it will stay short but be bushy n wont afect yeild...

let your "baby" reach a height that you are willing to have double then switch it. if its done good for you thus far and you would like more just like it then top it and clone away.

stone hands said:
let your "baby" reach a height that you are willing to have double then switch it. if its done good for you thus far and you would like more just like it then top it and clone away.
no at the moment i do not feel comfortable with catting the top

i never done it
and i have only 2 plant

if i fxxk it up i remain with no smoke
so i prefer for the moment been to lose some yeild

they are 30 cm now

so they will be about 60 at the end

it should be fine

for a bit of smoke
i have other tree seeds of the some strain i will do that in my next grow
thank for the help and info

Don't be afraid to top, it's easy and very forgiving. Do a quick search and you will find all you need to know. Topping is often called the FIM technique, or FIMing, my understanding is that that term stands for F*** I messed up. At one point someone accidentally cut off the top of their plant and much two their surprise the plant lived and then grew to stalks. It is fairly common practice now, especially in indoor growing. Your plants are much more resilient than you give them credit for, if you are completely uncomfortable topping, then don't do it, but it's nothing to be afraid of.

You can change the lights whenever you want, at any height. Some people start their plants on 12/12 from seed. Obviously you will lose height, and yield but it can be done. Depending on strain plants can double or even triple in size from when you switch the lights to harvest. Some strains have very little stretch, but I've never grown white berry and can't comment. If your plants are 4 weeks from seed they should already be a fairly decent size, and you have vegged longer than some other growers.

Listen to Mike... he's dead on. There is nothing special about topping friend and for those of us in closets and boxes, there is little choice.
You could always tie her down though....
I would suggest hitting the grow logs and search for topping, LST, tieing, stuff like this. It isn't hard and I promise you, you'll be smacking your forehead on this one later.
You can switch to 12/12 to induce flowering as soon as possible, eliminating as much veg time and growth as possible. Regardless of whether or not you switch to 12/12, that plant is going to grow until it is sexually mature, then it will begin it's stretch and bloom. Switching the lights can save you but it also can likely not do you any good. Look up your seeds, can you force flower? If so you are golden...
FIMing is AWESOME..... you often will get two tops and I have gotten 4...
Read about a guy who said he got 8... I find this hard to believe.
Good luck and good smoking

hey dirtysouthern. i know u cant clone auto's but can you top them?makem split? btw from wat i know i totally agre with you

smokeup420 said:
hey dirtysouthern. i know u cant clone auto's but can you top them?makem split? btw from wat i know i totally agre with you

You can, but autos basically have set lifetimes, it'll split, but its gonna waste valuable time as you are cutting off growth its worked to achieve and its gonna have to redirect its energies to otherbranches. To do all this in a 9 week window, you're gonna lose yield.

Really the only reason to top as I see it is to deal with height issues, as a topped plant and an untopped plant of the same age will yield about the same, and you shouldn't have a problem in dealing with autoflowering plants height...

Also to note, if you tope your plant, don't put it in flower right away, give it a bit of recovery time, a week or so should do. Whenever you cut away part of a plant you're gonna stress it. MJ should be able to handle it, but the less stresses it goes through during flowering, the better your chances of not dealing with a hermie, and thats something anyone can dig, right?

Latest posts

Back