I jus need to talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about that man, that really sucks. Find out if the doctor botched the eye removal in the first place because there are a lot of nerves he could have hit with his poking a prodding around in there.

BluntFullOfKush said:
i ve had a ct scan done, came back nothing in early Feb. The same thing they seen is what i shown them cause i got a copy of the ct scan be4 that1. I told them to do an MRI, but they wanted to do a ct. and about the specilalist thats the last person i seen a nurologist(nerv doc) and no1 can tell me anything about y it happens.Sence i got a prystesis it's not comeing from the eye, but it feel like it is. So aint no telling whats going on

BF, are you familiar with the concept of phantom pain? It is very common among amputees where they feel horrible pain in the arm (or whatever) that was amputated. Technically your eye was "amputated" when it was removed and phantom pain is very common and very real under such circumstances. Here is a link:

http://www.stoppain.org/pain_medicine/content/chronicpain/phantom.asp

THANK YOU REHAB. All that money i paid out and they couldnt even tell me something as simple as what u jus told me. Ive never herd of it but i will look into it and see what can be done about it. Thanx again finna peep that link.

Hey blunt, I have a question for you. If you don't mind my asking? Did you suffer from floaters at all before your eye was taken out? Was there any kind of retinal detachment? Lastly, how does your remaining eye feel?

I suffer from floaters in both my eyes and even though they are not supposed to cause any pain they do. They make my head sear with pain all the way from the back of my eye to the base of my neck. Out of 24 hours I think they cause the flair ups maybe 18 hours spaced throughout the day.

Gabapentini noticed this when i looked at that site rehab. I waz precribed that be4 and i wouldnt recommend that sh!t to ANY1. It wasnt that it fucks u up like vicoden or other norcotics.But your personilty changes. Angry more jus wasnt myself at all. And they expected me to take it for 3 months in order to see a change. And i did see a change the way i acted, and i didnt like it.i stop after a month.

pussum said:
Hey blunt, I have a question for you. If you don't mind my asking? Did you suffer from floaters at all before your eye was taken out? Was there any kind of retinal detachment? Lastly, how does your remaining eye feel?

I suffer from floaters in both my eyes and even though they are not supposed to cause any pain they do. They make my head sear with pain all the way from the back of my eye to the base of my neck. Out of 24 hours I think they cause the flair ups maybe 18 hours spaced throughout the day.

Yup i had to have my retinal reatached 2 times, a cataract removed 3 times, and a cornea transplant.It didnt reject the transplant but nothing happen, like it waz a jus a waste of time. but i know it did some good even tho i couldnt tell. with the retina they had put some oil stuff to keep it atached the 1st time, it leaked out and like a lil tiny ballon inside my eye the 2nd time so basicly they tried to save my eye till i waz 18 and not covered by my father's insurience. I meet wit a guy from the lions club im not sure if any1 have 1 in there city but they paid for my last surgery the removeal. Floaters, im not sure what u mean by that can u explain more.

Hey Blunt, there are some research studies going on (non drug) using a neuro stimulator to relieve chronic phantom pain. There are studies underway at University of Illionois and Rush Presbyterian (Chicago) that you might qualify for. Here is a link to one of the studies:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/09/060927201140.htm

Study patients get all of their treatment for free (payed for by medical Research grants). Here are some numbers if you want to investigate:

Rush: 888-352-7874

U of Illinois: 800-597-5970, ask for the Research dept.

Best of luck. I hope this helps you.

Rehab

Rehab is for Quitters said:
Hey Blunt, there are some research studies going on (non drug) using a neuro stimulator to relieve chronic phantom pain. There are studies underway at University of Illionois and Rush Presbyterian (Chicago) that you might qualify for. Here is a link to one of the studies:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/09/060927201140.htm

Study patients get all of their treatment for free (payed for by medical Research grants). Here are some numbers if you want to investigate:

Rush: 888-352-7874

U of Illinois: 800-597-5970, ask for the Research dept.

Best of luck. I hope this helps you.

Rehab

yo rehab thanx alot again chi-town is a good 5hrs from here, but ima call them again tomorrow cause they closed for the day. if u read my last reply, i realllllly think thats what wrong with me.if i had a printer ill print it out but i dont. i made it aviable offline so i can show the doc. I been so tempted to go to the er, but theres nothing they'll be able to do but try to drug me up. and i dont need that.

Latest posts

Back