i need help with lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hashpipe

great 3oz in my hand
Reaction score
what should i do for flowering, like 10/12 ect...:D

from the extensive research I have done.

24/hrs or 18/6 for VEG cycle

12/12 for Flowering

12/12 is the standard flowering schedule. I've never heard of anyone going with anything else. But, I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if you did like a 10/14 light schedule.

Some people will bump their lighting schedules to 14/10. This is so the plant gets more light, therefore, growing larger and faster. This is playing with fire IMO. Some of those equatorial sativas never really get more than 12/12 lighting. So, if you are not familiar with the strain, 14/10 can reveg the plant. Just be careful and play be the "rules" the first few grows and then start experimenting.

What about a 10 hours of light, 14 hours of darkness schedule? I wonder how that would work...

DLtoker said:
Some people will bump their lighting schedules to 14/10. This is so the plant gets more light, therefore, growing larger and faster. This is playing with fire IMO. Some of those equatorial sativas never really get more than 12/12 lighting. So, if you are not familiar with the strain, 14/10 can reveg the plant. Just be careful and play be the "rules" the first few grows and then start experimenting.

I agree....
DJ Short and several other breeders have written reports on light schedule manipulation. Ed Rosenthaul also has a good report on cannibis culture's website.

I was thinking about experimenting with using a light reducing schedule.. like starting 24/7 for a week..and gradually reducing by 2hr each week.. so i get 4weeks of veg when i have 18on 6off.. then reducing it over the 8 weeks of veg.. ending with 10/14.. until its finished..... in a weak attempt to mimic nature...

any thoughts on that??

RatherBBurnin said:
I was thinking about experimenting with using a light reducing schedule.. like starting 24/7 for a week..and gradually reducing by 2hr each week.. so i get 4weeks of veg when i have 18on 6off.. then reducing it over the 8 weeks of veg.. ending with 10/14.. until its finished..... in a weak attempt to mimic nature...

any thoughts on that??

I was thinking about that too. To gradually step it down and mimic outdoors. I would also like to see what a 10 on/14 off would do as well.

Latest posts

Back