I Need Some Advice Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyjays

Crazyjays
Reaction score
On growing in doors.
For 12 Plants i want to use LED Lights.

Can and buddy give me a list of what i would need to do this.
Links,Sites that you like thank can help would be great.

I want to buy all the stuff i need because im moving in about a year.
So i want to have it all shipped to my address im at right now so
when i move i wont have anything shipped to my new address, :hubba:

You can post it here or send private massage if you dont want to share in the forum here its up to you.

ImageProxy.mvc.jpg

How large a space are you planning on (in sq ft)? What is your budget to set this up? LEDs may not be your best choice. Is there any particular reason that you want to use LEDs?

oh we share in this forrum..and this site is the best for learning and Help....I think there are afew LED growers here but not many...another pointer is ...one shouldnt make his/her first post as ya have..you wont get many responses this way here....But let me welcome you to the passion

:48:

take care and be safe

lol....if you dont conform to what folks here think YOU should be doing pertaining YOUR grow...you wont enjoy your time here...i promise....for the most part...excluding a few...this forum is like a sorority full of self appointed guru's who feel its their way or ANYTHING ELSE is wrong....you'll see...its already started....if you read closely....lol...good luck...

buddogmutt said:
lol....if you dont conform to what folks here think YOU should be doing pertaining YOUR grow...you wont enjoy your time here...i promise....for the most part...excluding a few...this forum is like a sorority full of self appointed guru's who feel its their way or ANYTHING ELSE is wrong....you'll see...its already started....if you read closely....lol...good luck...

That's a stellar attitude to have. While there might be squabbles from time to time about certain subjects, like LED's, I don't agree with your assessment. One thing that does not get tolerated here is people passing off bad info as the truth. So if you mean calling people out on their Bravo Sierra, yeah, that happens here.

Hamster Lewis said:
That's a stellar attitude to have. While there might be squabbles from time to time about certain subjects, like LED's, I don't agree with your assessment. One thing that does not get tolerated here is people passing off bad info as the truth. So if you mean calling people out on their Bravo Sierra, yeah, that happens here.

you dont have to agree...im giving facts based on my experiences here...its that simple...

but to answer your question... for 12 plants....a 5x5x7 tent...LED light equivilant to 1000whps....(12)3gal nursery pots...1 or 2 osillating fan/fans(depending on temps in your area)..and 1 inline fan...i use a 440-inline...(temp/humidity guage) and a timer..
amazon.com has all the above for great prices....

One of the problems with LEDs is that the ones that actually work cost big bucks. You cannot just listen to the hype of the salespeople--there is a huge amount of borderline fraud when they hype their lights. For example, they may say that a 90W UFO will take the place of a 400W HPS, but in practice, it will not. I am linking a thread that we had some successful growers contribute to. One of the things I learned is that you pretty much have to swap watt for watt when using LEDs. The guys were running some real high wattage LEDs out of China that were quite expensive.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62383

The basics are light, ventilation, grow medium, nutrients. Your individual circumstances will dictate the specifics of what you need for your individual set-up. Without knowing more about what you want to accomplish, the size of your space and how much you have to accomplish it with, we are simply guessing about your needs. Not sure why you have decided on 12 plants, but your plant count should be decided by the amount of space you have and how you plan on growing. When planning your grow, remember that more plants does not mean more yield.

WOW,,noway to get this fellow started out,, by doggen the forum. Lots of good PPL here Crazyjays. Givem a chance before ya pass judgement.
THG is one of the best growers around. Cant go wrong with info from her.

crazyjays said:
On growing in doors.
For 12 Plants i want to use LED Lights.

Can and buddy give me a list of what i would need to do this.
Links,Sites that you like thank can help would be great.

I want to buy all the stuff i need because im moving in about a year.
So i want to have it all shipped to my address im at right now so
when i move i wont have anything shipped to my new address, :hubba:

You can post it here or send private massage if you dont want to share in the forum here its up to you.

View attachment 197972
Hello there Crazy, if you don't mind I'd like to make a suggestion that might help you in your quest to grow weed.
Since it appears that you have time on your side, why not learn your way around this forum by reading as much as you can. There is a vast source of information to be gleaned from this site if you will just take a little time each day and read. There are growers here that have shared their knowledge freely for a long time and I believe that most of your questions will be answered without you having to even ask.
I hope this helps....... because it sure worked for me.

Thanks all

I know it looks funny im new and asking questions.
I will do some checking around.

I have a MM Card so i though what the heck i will grow my own.

I have been told its cheaper to use Led lights then the other.
Is it a good idea to buy supplies online?

Nothing at all wrong with shopping on line, thats where the best buys seem to be due to the competition. I think you are safer buying on line than going to a grow shop where the LEO's might be watching. jmho

crazyjays said:
Thanks all

I know it looks funny im new and asking questions.
I will do some checking around.

I have a MM Card so i though what the heck i will grow my own.

I have been told its cheaper to use Led lights then the other.
Is it a good idea to buy supplies online?

It's not cheaper to use good LED lights. If you cheap out you will most certainly be unhappy with what you wind up with. If you want to keep costs down then go with HO T5's for veg and HPS for flower. Buying online is fine, so long as you do your research on the seller. Remember, if a deal seems to good to be true, it probably is. jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
It's not cheaper to use good LED lights. If you cheap out you will most certainly be unhappy with what you wind up with. If you want to keep costs down then go with HO T5's for veg and HPS for flower. Buying online is fine, so long as you do your research on the seller. Remember, if a deal seems to good to be true, it probably is. jmo

Thanks i just want to make sure i get whats right then spending money i dont need to.

Thanks Hamster :)

It is wise to shop and to ask advise before you buy. We do need to have some idea of how large a space you are planning on using and how much money you have to spend on the project for us to be able to guide you.

The place im looking at getting has a room that looks about 8x10 little office room. This is if i get the place i dont know for sure its going to be mine yet.

The place has been empty for about 5 months so im hoping it will still be out.
Its like a 20 min drive to the small town close buy and a hour to the next big city. lol

Im even looking at getting solar panels to keep the power bill as low as i can.

How2 you set up also depends on how much bud you want to produce. Do you strictly want to produce only for yourself? or do you intend to sell a little to friends and family to help support the cost of growing, or do you intend to do some serious marketing or your produce? It seems like everyone I know including myself started out just looking to grow a little and sell to friends to support it. But then it morphs over time to trying to produce a pound a month as everyone loves the fresh quality produce.

Also, if you have the money to play around and experiment with different stuff then there's a lot of new technology and methods to test out, but if you are like most of us here, you don't have the money to waste chasing "new and improved". If that is the case then you are better off sticking with the "tried and true" technology and grow methods, at least until you get a few grows under your belt.

If you haven't grown inside before, you can figure it to take about 4-6months to get everything fully rolling for continuous bud production. You can just about count on the first run taking about 16wks or more before harvesting your first crop. But once you have that first harvest, you will be hooked on growing as it is more addictive than smoking :)

crazyjays said:
The place im looking at getting has a room that looks about 8x10 little office room. This is if i get the place i dont know for sure its going to be mine yet.

The place has been empty for about 5 months so im hoping it will still be out.
Its like a 20 min drive to the small town close buy and a hour to the next big city. lol

Im even looking at getting solar panels to keep the power bill as low as i can.

8x10 is a huge area to light and would need almost 3000 watts.
I would close off some of the room if you want to save some electricity.

5x5 would be good for 1000 watts.

As for supplies remember you also need ventilation,( a good inline fan) and duct work. And some form of way to control it to control the temp and humidity of the room.
Quality nutes like General Hydroponic,Fox Farms,Advanced Nutrients - your choice really all work about the same IMO. just not rapid grow type.

And ofcourse some type of medium be it soil or hydro both will also have there list of needed things to complete.

You need a good PH tester, pen or probe type is a must.
I also think a Ec/PPM meter is a must almost as much.

A slew of peripherals from pots, scissors, string, stakes, fans, light hangers, measuring cups, ect.

Like Growdude said, an 80 sq ft space is going to take 3 1000W lights to light and some serious ventilation. Maybe you should look into getting some tents. The size of course, will depend on your budget and how much you want to grow. Both of these are critical questions and we really need your answers to help.

A solar set-up would cost tens of thousands of dollars. I run a 1000W and a 600W flowering space, and a small vegging space with a T5. All that together with 2 6" Vortex fans, some smaller exhaust fans, oscillating fans, a 100W air pump, and 2 45W air pumps runs under $100 a month.

Latest posts

Back