I need some serious help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballin3535

Reaction score
I was looking through some grow journals and I came to see a pic that was in the woods. Now if it is in the woods there is usually trees lol.Would it be possible to grow plants in the woods if there is actaully no direct sunlight hitting them.As much help as possible thanks.

ballin3535 said:
I was looking through some grow journals and I came to see a pic that was in the woods. Now if it is in the woods there is usually trees lol.Would it be possible to grow plants in the woods if there is actaully no direct sunlight hitting them.As much help as possible thanks.
It would be questionable. It would be better if you took a light meter to the spot and actually measured the light.

The sun is a powerful light, but if it's blocked totally from direct light, I doubt there would be enough light for a decent grow.

Is it blocked the entire day?

If you do get a light meter, you'll need this handy dandy light conversion web page:

http://www.asknumbers.com/IlluminationConversion.aspx

5,000 lumens per/sq ft is great for growing.

5,000 Lumen/sq. foot = 53,819 Lux

3,000 lumens per/sq ft is considered the least you would want to grow under.

3,000 Lumen/sq. foot = 32,291 Lux

no sunlight is really compleatly blocked in the woods all day!!! and yeah
if they dont get direct sunlight all day they wont grow as good but as long as they get about 5 hours direct sinlight they will be fine!

Latest posts

Back