I was wondering about....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilikebigbuds

Reaction score
I was curious if anyone sprays the leaves of their plants at nighttime with any thing?:huh:

Out door plants receive rains. :bump: :spit:

thanks for your thuoghts on the subject...

I have searched around this forum looking for some threads that may address this but I havent found any so far.:holysheep:

I'm not the most experienced grower but I think I know a lil, and I would have to say no to that.. If u want to do any type of foilage feeding I thought I read to do that early morning.. If u spray at night and no lights and and cooler temps.. I would think that might cause some health issues and possible mold.. JMO Hope a more experienced grower can come shed some light.. :D

Deft don't do what I say until a more experienced grower adds a post.. LOL.. Rookie myself still on my first grow.. Check out my pics in my thread a few posts down updated b-52 pics.. Good luck

[They are literally asleep when they lights are off.. No eating it is said during this period.. Man they sure do some serious "Sleep Growing" while asleep. Such a FACINATING PLANT!!!! Take care keep it green..

yes, the plants get rained on during the night outdoors, but also keep in mind that there is wind during this sleeping period outdoors which allows the plants to dry before a light can be available to burn the plants.

it would probably be fine to foliar feed during lights out, but ONLY if one was to have a fan blowing on them 24hrs, enabling it to dry off before the lights came on... JMO....

spray away just watch you light distances with HID lights and i also wouldnt think it necessary when flowering, dont want bud rot and all.

i actually foliar feed about 1-2 hrs b/4 lights out, but my fan is constantly running & i raise my light to the highest possible, about 30". im running a 600w hps also. if feed when in bud try not to spray bud too much JMO...mold may form.

I went to grow store yesterday and talked with the folks there, I ended up buying some stuff called:
Summer Oil by Oil Farm, made with 100% certified organic soybean Oil, this product is safe for edibles & herbs. for more info they have a web site:
www.pharmsolutions.com

active ingredients: soybean oil 1.5%
pure rosemary oil .1%
Inert Ingredients: food grade Oleic Acid, Carbonic Acid Monopotassium salt,non GMO canola Oil, Broccoli juice: 10.0%, Water 88.4%

this came in a one liter spray bottle and is a nice green color. I paid 13.50USD for it.

I sprayed leaves last night a few min. before lights out and today they are really nice looking! and feel very nice! I am pleased with this product so far.:D + it claims to control: powdery mildew, scale, pear psylla, mites, aphids, whitefly, mealybug, lace bugs, leafhoppers, eggs, larvae some caterpillers, thrips and more!

I had 2 fans blowing on my plants also all night long.

I dont think I will spary them every night, but maybe once a week.
it states on the directions to not spray flowers or buds. duh.

thanks for all the input! very helpful as always!:woohoo:

be very careful feeding your plants through the leaves if you are running any HID lights. Just my experience, the water (when lights are on) will magnify on the leaves and cause burns; it happens and I have done it. Best bet is right before lights on or just after lights on when the intensity is less, mist lightly and have a fan running. good growin!!

If i were you i wouldn't foliar feed at all... They just don't need it. And it makes things simpler, and safer for your plants...

why bother?? waste of time.

with so many things that can go wrong, why add foiler feed into the equation?

if I did spray. it would be with straight ph'd water. with NOTHING in it

when you are sratching your head, wondering why some of your leaves
are jacked up and etc. you gonna think. "hmm was it the foiler feed" hmmm

i dip my clones in Neem solution, spray with 50/50 iso/h2o 5 days later(i've learned to treat all clones for bugs) and nothin else gets sprayed on them. always heard it clogs up stomata, increases mold risk, and leaves were made to process light not nutrients. oh, i did spray epson salts for mag. def. couple grows ago. JMO look at Timmys grow, does it look like his plants are starving?

lyfr said:
i dip my clones in Neem solution, spray with 50/50 iso/h2o 5 days later(i've learned to treat all clones for bugs) and nothin else gets sprayed on them. always heard it clogs up stomata, increases mold risk, and leaves were made to process light not nutrients. oh, i did spray epson salts for mag. def. couple grows ago. JMO

had problems with mites, i see.. :p

I like to foliar feed. My plants always seem to like a good shower every now and then too:D. Idk about doing it in the dark. I've always done it when my lights first come on with no problems.

bombbudpuffa said:
I like to foliar feed. My plants always seem to like a good shower every now and then too:D. Idk about doing it in the dark. I've always done it when my lights first come on with no problems.

I foliar feed too during the veg stage doing the same thing you do.

You see, its all down to personal preference... Thats whats so nice about growing.. I say try all different things when your growing and document them.. And Thin you will know what creates better results for you.. Like how most people on her try one type of neuts and thin never change... How do you know that is the best neuts for you? Try new things, its all about the experience... Experience = knowledge

There's pro's and con's to everything... as mentioned, it's all up to personal preference.

for me, I don't foliar feed... only time I ever spray the girls, is if I have to (bugs ) (for mold I use my sulfer burner)

and... if I do have to spray the girls, I do so during lights on... but, I turn the light off, and leave the fans on, with the box open until the leaves are dry again, then I turn the light back on and close up the box... prob solved.

Misting or spraying at night could lead to mold, espically if in flowering. Foilar feeding is most effective around a temp of 75*F for the respirations to allow fert to enter through the leafs.

Latest posts

Back