Ideal Conditions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterblaster26

Reaction score
I have been reading around and am haveing trouble finding out what the perfect conditions are for germanated seed that have just been put in soil? temp and humidity levels. how often to water? stuff like that. I read a bunch of guides but they are very mixed and seems like you guys have really good success. thanks

if yer just planting in soil then temps around the high seventies, and keep the dirt moist.

Regarding temps and humidity, both should be in the high 60's or low 70's (for seedlings)

Watering will depend on the your pot size, how much drainage your medium has, and obviuosly higher temps will mean more watering too. You'll also find that some strains are just thirstier than others.

Young seedlings don't need much watering. When they get older just go by pot weight. Lift the pot when dry and get an idea of the weight. Water your plant. Check everyday. When it weighs roughly the same as it did before watering you know it's time to water again.

I wait until my leaves start to droop. It means she's thirsty. Fed my girls this evening and within 10 minutes all the leaves had lifted.

Keep the temp. around 75. Humidity at 30%-40%. Keep the lamps around 8-10 inches away with that HPS lamp. Usually anywhere between 1 to 6 inches for fluros. Water every 3 or 4 days. As far as "seeing anything"... I would say you have got around 3 days until it sprouts, maybe 4. Hope this helps!

Disco94 said:
Keep the temp. around 75. Humidity at 30%-40%. Keep the lamps around 8-10 inches away with that HPS lamp. Usually anywhere between 1 to 6 inches for fluros. Water every 3 or 4 days. As far as "seeing anything"... I would say you have got around 3 days until it sprouts, maybe 4. Hope this helps!

He's talking about seedlings. You need to keep the humidity at 60 -70 % right throughout veg period and only drop it to 30, 40% during flowering.

Low humidity and high temps during the first few weeks will result in more males !

also how far away are you supose to keep a 400 W HPS

Adjust it so as at the top of the seedling the temp is around 65, 70 degrees. When the plants are older they can handle up to 80 quite comfortably, but wait until after the second or third week when sex is determined.

yea i was about to say I had them at about 15 in but temps where in the low 80's so i adjusted now there at 24 in and temps are in the 70s

RunbyHemp caught my mistake. Thanks bud.

Latest posts

Back