ideas on how i can vent this hood$$$

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjsunderground

joseph james
Reaction score
im going with this hps from htgs. i want to put this mini exhaust fan on it. any ideas on how i could cut through the hood at home??? plus what could i use for ducting as the outlet is small rectangular. i also plan on putting a lens on the bottome of the hood. should i go with glass or plexi glass?

heeeeeelp!

grow light.jpg

exhaust fan.gif

Hey JJ,
I wouldn't cut into it at all, you'll lose reflective stuff. Instead send some rarified air at the thing. Seriously I would just set a fan to blow across the light and back of reflector. Just need a good movement of air across it... That will dissipate a lot of heat.... build a bracket, for the fan you got to point at the light... or add a clip-on, whatever... :D

PS It's also just a 150w not a lot of heat...

thanks joker. i was originally going to just go with the light itself. some one in here said i could get it 8 to 9 inches close. we'll see how it goes then.

My experience with a 150 is that I had better harvests after I put a cool tube over my light. A 150 does put out alot of heat in the effective growing range that you need to be within.
You would make the holes in the ends not on the top where the reflector is.
Glass would be better than plexiglass.

I wouldn't cut either. I would, if anything, ADD cooling fins if the mini fan isn't enough. Think lawnmower engine cooling fins. Easy to pop-rivet onto the top. More surface = more heat absorbtion = more area to cool thru.

Glass most DEF.

Latest posts

Back