Indian, Jamaican and Mexican

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Public

Humble grower
Reaction score
These are three lines that have been around me for years but I never had the chance to grow them. So this is the time now...

Those are the kind of lines that you can not find anymore in the streets, I mean the pure wild sativa stuff. So impossible to impossible, I decided to try to grow them indoor...I want to smoke pure sativas, and it is the only way now. I'm already lucky to have the seeds...

The Indian sativa is from bagseed bought in Mumbai. It grows total crazy tropical sativa: lot of stretch, hermaphrodism, long flowering time (14+ weeks), sparse flowers but psychedelic high and spicy smell and taste.

The Mexican is labelled Acapulco. It grows sativa/indica hybrid, flowers shortly with denser buds, but produces a pure energetic sativa high with lemon smell.

The Jamaican is an old school sativa, lambsbread quality, coming from early rasta communities. It grows pure sativa, close to Indian sativa but with intermediate characteristics with Mexican, such as a more energetic high and a shorter flowering time (around 12-16 weeks). The smell is fruity.

I have a good amount of Colombian gold helping me to wait for this harvest so I hope to be able to mature them fully. I'll try also to make new seeds of the Indian sativa. I'll select only non-hermaphrodite individuals, if they exist !

I hope you'll enjoy the read. Here are three first pics, nothing really serious for now ;) On the left side are 11 Indians, middle are the two Jamaicans and right side are two Acapulco

Indian_1.JPG

Lambsbread_1.JPG

Acapulco_1.JPG

howdy John, growing some old school stuff eh. this oughta be good...ill be rollin up a fatty and hangin out to watch!

Hey Lyfr and HMGanja,

yeah old school stuff. The lambsbread is a true gem, pure old school jamaican sativa from the seventies, very different from the stuff you can find in the island nowadays.

Not sure I'll meet the standard modern productivity with them, but the high of the indian and the jamaican are worst the pain, whatever the quantity harvested. I don't know well the acapulco, I have only smoked it twice, grown by a friend.

woah, I just smoked a simple spliff of commercial Colombian gold collected in the early eighties and that is good stoner pot !:smoke1:

Have a good day all :lama:

Here is a little update, one week later.

On the left: Indian, middle: Jamaican, on the right: Acapulco.

One Acapulco has suffered from overwatering, which is strange because it followed the same watering schedule than the others... Quite fat leaves for a Mexican sativa... Let's see how it turns.

Indian_2.JPG

Jamaican_2.JPG

Acapulco_2.JPG

Very nice strain selection and may i say they look great. :hubba: Here's some GREEN MOJO for them babies. ;) Look foward to following along and watching these babies grow into fat frosty ladies. :aok:

NICE! John, I used to grow indoors in the 80's & 90's, But bought me some land in the woods, and have loved every minute here the last 9 years. :farm:
I went from growin 1 lb a year indoors to 6 lbs a year out. and I still run out of bud before the next harvet is ready, think I smoke too much? LOL
By the way I NEVER SELL MY BUD, I make a few gifts with it tho.:48:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=271988&posted=1

that is alot of sativas growing inside, i got one from bagseed and it takes up a third of my 4x4 tent. sounds like some good choices though.

Are these freakin old seed youve been hangin onto? i though seeds have a shelf-life?

Thanks for the visits :)

Old Hippie> yes, outdoor is really the great way to grow...Unfortunately, life makes it impossible for me right now, so I have to use the small closet ;)

gettinggray> yes, it could be too much. I will prune them during this week to keep them low. I'm pretty sure 12 individuals are ok in this area, so maybe I'll have to cut the Acapulco and maybe one Jamaican. Or maybe I'll wait a bit more because there will be some hermies in the Indian so I should have few females to flower.

someguy & stoner> Yes, it is true that seeds have a limited lifetime, like 3 years for perfect germination rate. You can still sprout soem very old seeds, but the germination rate is low. In my case, the seeds are fresh (Indian seeds are from '06, lambsbread and acapulco from '08), but it is the strains that are old, especially for the lambsbread which can be traced back to the early rasta communities in the 70's in Jamaica. They have been preserved as pure line since then.

i got my chair count me in john p.lookin good definetly got a handfull there eh?lookin great man

Say My Brother, What's Up?????.......Great Choice Of Strain's, They Are Some I Started Out Growing In The Early 80's, Be Prepard To Go A Good 14 To 16 Week's For Them To Mature, You Will Like What They Give You Back!!!!!~~~~~Good Luck With Your Awesome SuccessFul Grow!!!! :holysheep: :hubba: :D

Good luck JP! I'm gonna move my recliner into my computer room tomorrow, this could be a long journal:bongin:

Nice find on the strains btw, way to keep it OG!

Thanks for the visit, friends :)

They are growing quick, I think I'll just transplant them this week end and put them into flowering cycle as soon as they will have recovered from the transplantation.

Surprisingly, the lambsbread looks more sativa than the Indian, until now at least. I like a lot the indian, it has already this special fat grass smell that have some special lines.:cool:

The indians are the two pics on the left, the Jamaicans is the medium right, and the right pic is the Acapulcos

Indian_3.JPG

Indian_4.JPG

Jamaican_3.JPG

Acapulco_3.JPG

howdy John! just stoppin by to take a peek. they are really comin along, you must be excited.

Yes I'm excited but I'm also afraid of the stretch. So I pruned them to limit it. I also transplanted the seedlings in their final container. I should go on flowering in few days... :)

From left to right: overall view, Indian, then it is Jamaican and lastly Acapulco

SunGoddess_1.JPG

Indian_5.JPG

Jamaicain_4.JPG

Acapulco_4.JPG

Latest posts

Back