infestation!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazyDays

Reaction score
I have like a colony of ants in a pot with a plant. I would say it is looking very healthy. I try an organic soap that kills the ones it touches, but there are still soooo many running around...it is wierd because they wont go near any other pots. Is this a major concern if the plant is looking good? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I have two ideas for you to consider...the first one is to remove the plant from the room and spray it. than flush it realy well with only ph'd water, this will drown them and hopefully kill them. the other idea is call that one a loss. if you kill it, disect the roots and look for root rot on that one plant. if you find root rot, you found the reason for them liking only that one plant.

how old is the plant? i was thinking that maybe u could transplant it clean it the best u can and put it in new soil and also move it to a diferent location if u can. but im not sure so i would wait on some more feed back before u make ur mind up

I have no problem getting rid of it. I just cannot believe that the plant looks so healthy while these guys are running around. It is about a month old even though it only looks about 2-3 weeks old.

i had that same problem where they only go into one pot through the drainage hole. i believe they are trying to make your pot a home. its warm and what ever your feeding your plants they seem to like. i got rid of them by just messing with the pot alot and spraying rubbing alcohol around the perimeter. it smells and they'll move off to another place

-X- said:
i had that same problem where they only go into one pot through the drainage hole. i believe they are trying to make your pot a home. its warm and what ever your feeding your plants they seem to like. i got rid of them by just messing with the pot alot and spraying rubbing alcohol around the perimeter. it smells and they'll move off to another place
Good idea with the alcohol.:)

Aspirin. About 5(up to 10) a gallon. IT WILL NOT KILL YOUR PLANT...before anyone comes and says they wouldn't do it. This is the ONLY form of bug resitant I use and i've used it for years. Just make sure it's aspirin and not acetaminophin. Check the ph after adding the aspirin, it can lower the ph. This works for every bug i've encountered.

^^ Asprin? For real? Thats cool and simple. When you put the pills in the water how long do you usally let it sit?

Droster said:
^^ Asprin? For real? Thats cool and simple. When you put the pills in the water how long do you usally let it sit?
A few hours and a good shake and you should be ready.:D

Awsome :D Thanks all...i ended up transplanting in new soil as well as the alcohol thing, but this will be my next try

Latest posts

Back