Information Overload

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update! I just got back from Bike Week yesterday. Found my plants have grown, and sexed :) 4 female 4 male.

first is a boy:( , 2nd is a girl (tried to take a pic of white hairs...not so good) , 3rd is the 4 ladies.

11.JPG

18.JPG

View attachment 119323

nice present to come home to anyway. I really wanted to try that cloning thing when I got back, but idk. Seeing as this is my my first grow from bagseed, MG, fluros etc. basically every noob thing that can be done, i'm doing lol. I think i'm just gonna let this run it's course, learn from mistakes etc. I'll prolly do another bagseed grow after this as well and then make the plunge into some quality lighting, seeds, soil

TBH with just a few tips from this forum and about 100 bucks of materials this grow has been pretty easy. They seem to be doing all the work :)

On a side note, is there a moderator that can move this thread to the grow journal forum? Or you reckon I should just start a new thread?

I'll bump you up. Hick'll be along directly and he can boot you over. Luck on the 4 ladies. Peace.

they look good. u gunna use floros 4 flower also? if so you just gunna switch bulbs 2 warm white? if so id get more for side lighting also. GL

docfishwrinkle said:
they look good. u gunna use floros 4 flower also? if so you just gunna switch bulbs 2 warm white? if so id get more for side lighting also. GL

Thanks doc! Yeh, straight up fluros for this run. already switched to warm, and i'll be grabbing some more for the sides this week.

sounds good keep us posted. id love 2 watch a floro flower. curious how much youre going 2 get.

ack! went to check on the girls this morning and i killed what looked like 4 fruit flies...but maybe a little smaller and a little thinner. 2 of the flies were chillin under a lower fan leaf, 1 was on the wall, and the other was crawlin in the dirt. I sat and stared at the plants for almost 45 minutes looking for more but nothing.

I don't see any spots or holes or anything really negative going on the plants.

Is this random or is a whole mess of little black bugs with wings about to hatch somewhere and swarm?

It happens. Be patient and use organic, non-toxic substances for pest control. Try soap and water. Hydro shops carry bug repellent sprays but they can be pricey.

theyre gnats & they come from an outside amendment source. i found mainly in mushroom compost & manures. theyre fine in low numbers, but once they reach high numbers then be concerned. they like to breed on top layer of soil & also eat your roots! some around here recommend bowl of cider vinegar, which i tried & didnt catch one. put a 2" layer of sand on soil & buh bye.

If you only see a few you can pick up some 'yellow sticky traps' and put them on or near your soil surface. Also, make sure you let the surface and top inch of your soil thoroughly dry out between waterings and you shouldn't have problems. I like Doc's sand idea... never tried that. I still have some Gnatrol from a past grow where they were out of control. It's natural, works great and takes care of them if things get bad enough.

Gnatrol Fungus Gnat Control

Gnatrol is a highly selective, biological larvicide for use in greenhouses to control fungus gnat larvae. It may be used on a wide variety of ornamentals, as well as all bulb crops, bedding plants and vegetable sets. The active ingredient is Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis (Bti). Once the larvae have ingested the insecticide, protein subunits paralyze the fungus gnat larvae, which stop feeding immediately and die - usually within 24 hours. Will not harm people, pets or the environment. Mix 1-2 tsp. / gallon of water. For heavy infestations use 4-8 tsp. / gallon of water.

Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back