is it illegal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Autoflower

Auto Flower Lover
Reaction score
just wondering if you could help me out on a question.
Is it illegal for someone who sells seeds and post videos or pics of growing the seeds?

From what I understand if you are in the US none of the MMJ state have a law allowing the making of seeds. On the fed Level any non-sterilized hemp or marijuana seeds is illegal. If in a MMJ state contact a local lawyer that deals in MMJ laws.

Know a few UK growers...big into hydro and testing new lines and such (for profit types). They will not post on any forum that isn't encrypted.
I would take extra measures depending on the size of your grow. personal op I wouldn't sweat it pushing 2kw or more then yes I would also go as far as delay posting active GJs as well.
Some of the bigger grows I follow they are sometimes a year behind in posting and moved already.

Dr.Autoflower said:
im not in the US, we have the same seed laws as the UK

If you have the same laws as the UK then just planting a seed is illegal. Once you germinate a seed you are breaking the law,
So making seeds is also breaking the law as you need to germ one to grow it.

Im trying to get at the point that you never see seedbanks grow there seeds to show them off, is this because the all say the seeds are souveneirs and dont condone germinating and growing? Is this done for legal purposes?

seed banks are stores not the breeder most of the breeder have their own web site or are on the different forums showing their grows.

Dr.Autoflower said:
Im trying to get at the point that you never see seedbanks grow there seeds to show them off, is this because the all say the seeds are souveneirs and dont condone germinating and growing? Is this done for legal purposes?

Now Seedbanks like attitude dont produce the seeds, they just buy in bulk from breeders and then sell them so they have no need to grow them as all pictures, videos and so on will come from the breeder.

Breeders obviously have to grow the plant to produce the strain, when this is done they are normally in a legal place. For example G13 seeds if im not mistaken started in the UK growing and then when they had strains moved to Netherlands to start the company and sell it.

Jericho said:
Now Seedbanks like attitude dont produce the seeds, they just buy in bulk from breeders and then sell them so they have no need to grow them as all pictures, videos and so on will come from the breeder.

Breeders obviously have to grow the plant to produce the strain, when this is done they are normally in a legal place. For example G13 seeds if im not mistaken started in the UK growing and then when they had strains moved to Netherlands to start the company and sell it.
Im talking about the breeders who also have websites and sell there own seeds online tho

can you name one of the breeders? Nirvana for example are in a legal country to breed seeds. I dont know any breeders who are not legal to grow.

Hmm, Canada, Thought you said your laws were like UK lol. Canada as far as i know is a bit of a grey area when it comes to the law on cannabis. Hopefully someone from there might chip in because i dont know enough about that side of the world to comment.

Quote from wiki though
The legal status of cannabis in Canada is under dispute. Superior and appellate courts in Ontario have repeatedly declared Canada's marijuana laws to be of no force and effect. However, challenges to marijuana laws at the federal level have not resulted in the deletion of the appropriate articles from the Criminal Code of Canada and the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. Police and prosecution services in other Canadian jurisdictions still pursue criminal charges for marijuana possession.[1]

The cultivation of cannabis is currently illegal in Canada, with exceptions only for medical usage.

If you are talking about UK law though then its a big risk IMO to even video your self and post it after its done.

If I remember correctly a Canadian supplier was busted for selling seeds in the US and I'm sure I read it here.

I dunno', but I think that is an issue that should have been explored BEFORE documenting the evidence..:p

Google has run into a fresh storm over online privacy after a US judge ordered YouTube, its online video site, to hand over records detailing the viewing habits of its millions of users.

The ruling came in response to a demand by Viacom, the media and entertainment group that owns MTV, which last year filed a $1bn (£504m) lawsuit against YouTube alleging copyright infringement.

The order will force YouTube to hand over computer logs that contain information that could be used to identify the videos viewed by YouTube users and, potentially, the computers on which they were viewed.

Is Google going soft? This is the question many bloggers across the internet are wondering after YouTube GooTube surrendered information regarding one of it's users to Fox.

The user was busted after he uploaded episodes of Fox's hit series 24 to YouTube before it was even shown on TV. That must be a good way to get on Fox's bad side because soon after Fox delivered a subpoena to Google demanding information about the offending user.

Google has a past history laughing at subpoenas, digging in, and then bring out the big guns. Previously Google has fought a subpoena from the government which requested Google turn over some of it's search data. So it was a big shock when Google so quickly caved to Fox.

Moreover, Google is not a hero of user privacy. It collects the data in the first place, in part, to personalize the YouTube experience and, in part, to sell ads

Reminds me of the gang/group of kids that videoed themselves shooting at ppl with 'paintball guns', or giving someone a 'beat down'. Then was bright enough to post it on Utube. ... "thinking" (or maybe not..:p) that they were anonymous :rofl:...

im in Canada, but i dont follow the question clearly.

if this helps, In Canada it isnt illegal to possess seeds, it is illegal to germ them. unless ofcourse you have a medical license.

Latest posts

Back