Is it that hard to make a cheap '1 minute on, 5 minutes off timer?'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cesar Chavez

Reaction score
Hey MP members! Sorry I have not been on in a while to follow up on my threads and what not, but I plan to catch up here in the next few days. My question this time is concerning timers. I recently made an aeroponic cloner, plans drawn up by StinkBud, but can't seem to find an inexpensive timer to run 'one minute on, 5 minutes off', any suggestions? I know I can purchase one from C.A.P or Sentinel, but want to avoid $60+ if I can. It was fun making the cloner, and relatively inexpensive, but never factored in the timer; I assumed I could just by a $20 timer to do the job. Anyhow, thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions. Open to a DIY method as well.

yes. Are you good with wiring? Its not real hard.

Find a sprinkler timer? If you can find a sprinkler timer and a radio shack I can help you build a timer. It would not be worth it if you had to buy the sprinkler timer though...only if you can salvage one from somewhere.

:) PM me and let me know.

Thanks OGKushman for your response. Unfortunately I do not have a sprinkler timer handy, although I do have a Radio Shack close to me, seems more and more like I am going to have to invest in a real recycling timer.

I could not find a simple enough 'do-it-yourself' recycle timer, so I just bought the C.A.P.. I got model ART-DNe 2. Not exactly the easiest thing to use. I need it to run '1 minute on, and 5 off', but can't seem to get it within a few seconds of desired time. I am thinking I should have either asked for the NFT style one, or maybe the ART-DNe. Apparently it replaces the model I have. Any suggestions?

A few seconds one way or the other is not going to make any difference.

Latest posts

Back