Is this a girl?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These calyx are all alone, and much bigger than normal. I fear I may have jumped gun....

I have a pretty good eye, pretty sure they were real balls. This young plant may have fooled this old man? The ones left are not balls, I really believe the other was male....dam nice plant.

Bubba

These calyx are all alone, and much bigger than normal. I fear I may have jumped gun....

I have a pretty good eye, pretty sure they were real balls. This young plant may have fooled this old man? The ones left are not balls, I really believe the other was male....dam nice plant.

Bubba
Are you saying there male then? I don’t really under what your saying sorry.

1627512905184.png

Are you saying there male then? I don’t really under what your saying sorry.
No, I thought it was, but pistols finally appeared. When plants begin to bud, usually I get the little poof of pistols on the top and develope from there.

This plant made single, individual caylx, by itself, on the end of a short stem. After a few days, pistols popped out.

I had already cut one, I was pretty sure it was hermy, but this made me wonder if I should have waited. (Wish I had taken a pic for reference.)

Bubba

That "pointy" looking thing is exactly like the one that popped pistols.....keep watching!

Bubba
In my pic the pointy things are the stipules. I’m asking about the round looking thing in the joint of the stem and the branch.

For the first time ever, I've seen things that look like the "Male" pic. The little stem gets slightly longer then one of two things happens: First The pointy end starts to slightly feather, then either a pistol pops out, or a small leaf set peels off and later a pistol pops out. I have never seen such silliness. Maybe with all this cross breeding and feminizing these plants don't know what they are.

Bubba

I only got one female out of four😩😩😩
At least I have one I guess. A tear fell as I pulled them. And the one female is so small because they were planted so late. Do you think she’ll grow much more. Do they grow during flowering?
F5CE748D-C531-4E4D-A937-6BAE367A717A.jpeg

Yes it will grow a lot during flower.
Depends on climate for harvest time though. Out here my outdoor will grow till at least mid October unless tricombs suggest cutting earlier. It stays over freezing until the end of October usually out here.

You are in Canada correct?
I was looking at your light cycles out there and you are still getting a lot more sun than the states.

Depends on climate for harvest time though. Out here my outdoor will grow till at least mid October unless tricombs suggest cutting earlier. It stays over freezing until the end of October usually out here.

I was looking at your light cycles out there and you are still getting a lot more sun than the states.
Ya I’m still getting around 14 hours of light here. I hope she grows otherwise I’m gonna get very little from her. It’s my first time growing and I’ve learned a lot for next season😊thanks to everyone on here. Thanks guys

Last edited:

Are you seeing any flowers formed yet?

Latest posts

Back