Is this a good deal for used growlight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rdrose

Growin' with the Stars...
Reaction score
Found this advertisement in the local online PennySaver and wondered if it is a good deal... what do you all think? :confused:

Growlight, 1000WATT, H.P.S, 2 bulbs, hood, ballast, older model, $80/obo

that is a great deal buy that thats one of the best grow lights out there in my opinion

It's hard to say if it's a deal or not. Buying used lighting is very iffy IMHO. ;)

I would agree with TGB. The light itself 1000 Watt HPS is awsome! But an older light might have some issues - causing a fire might be one of them.

Unless you are savvy at working on HID lighting circuitry, I would prolly go with a new one IMHO.:)

Good luck.

Basically, you're purchasing the ballast and hood. Cords and socket prices are minimal.
"Used" bulbs will need replacements. "I" recommend an electrical supply outlet. "Hydro" stores inflate the prices. Commonly $100-$200+ at the plant stores, but the supply house gets you out the door for under $75.
"An older model"....?? hmmmmmmmmm
I got my first light as a used unit, ($50) and it was old. It ran fine for about 3 yrs before the ballast took a crap on me.

give em an offer...with 2 bulbs one might be new.
if the ballast has problems just but a replacement kit.
sounds worth it.

Thanks you guys! I am NOT savvy about circuitry of any kind...lol. :) But I do appreciate all of your responses. I'll let you know if I buy it...heck, it may already be sold.

Can you tell I'm getting the 'itch' to grow indoors instead of waiting til Spring for another outside grow...:hubba:

bulbs are 200 buks alone, so if the bulbs are good and the rest is bad your still ahead. Id go for it If I were you.

I use hortolux 1000 watts and iv noticed that every cycle the bulb eats more power and puts out 10%-15% less light. in my scinario that means ill get 8 lbs rather than 9 lbs with new lights. after using pre run lights for about 8 runs (I would only use one set for 3 cycles) I learned that its far more cost affective to just buy new bulbs every run. yes its more expensive up front but if you can swing it you will be better off guaranteed.

Latest posts

Back